xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Think I Bricked My Box :(  (Read 78 times)

BassKozz

• Archived User
I Think I Bricked My Box :(
« on: December 17, 2008, 02:49:00 PM »

Ok after some further research I see I did make a backup of the following for this xbox's HD:
  • bios.bin
  • disk.bin
  • eeprom.bin
  • hddinfo.txt
  • hddkey.bin

So now how do I use this to get back into my HD so that I can rename default.xbe.old back to default.xbe ?

Would this topic be better served if it were posted in the Xbox Backup Forum or is this the right place?

red_ring_of_box

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 04:03:00 PM »

if you have your eeprom.bin all you need is xboxhdm 1.9 or the latest either one and with untouched C and E drive contents to rebuild(reformat) your HDD by making a bootable CD with the iso maker that comes with xboxhdm and bruning it to a cd/dvd-rw, for this I used dvds and powerISO. I really wont go into specifics of what steps are needed but I used a good tut I found to make my 320 gb hard drive here:

http://forums.afterd...view.cfm/533828

I also noticed an option to delete, copy, and rename files by typing in xbrowser so maybe you could use that to rename your default.xbe.old back to default.xbe again. I have no experience using that option but it may save you the data on the harddrive because if you reformat it it you will lose all your data.

Also you agree to not hold me or anyone else responsible when trying any of this stuff as well as any outside references or links I have given and their authors, as well.

Hope this helps man. happy.gif

Xx3n0xX

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 10:24:00 PM »

sorry for bring it back up, but i have the same type of problem.. .only i have replaced my dashboard by a faulty one.. luckily though, i made a backup before, so all i need now is to get access to it.. im in ubuntu right now, and i can see the hdd.. i just cant get access to it.. could you tell me how you did it?
thanks a lots!

alexfitton

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 05:18:00 PM »

if you use auto installer deluxe you can go into file manager load up your dashboard then just ftp into it that way.

When i messed mine up i install xbmc and configured the internet settins and all was good =].

you will want to find evox.xbe or default.xbe i think mine was under dash on the e drive

Broxi1979

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 06:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(alexfitton @ Aug 5 2010, 12:18 AM) View Post

if you use auto installer deluxe you can go into file manager load up your dashboard then just ftp into it that way.

When i messed mine up i install xbmc and configured the internet settins and all was good =].

you will want to find evox.xbe or default.xbe i think mine was under dash on the e drive

I'm having problems setting up my new HDD at the moment, I have a back-up of my retail HDD and can ftp my xbox with the new harddrive in, is it possible to just delete everything in the C-Z folders and ftp over the back-up files in their place?