xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Error 11 And Dvd Issues  (Read 121 times)

steveo1978

• Recovered User
Error 11 And Dvd Issues
« on: October 20, 2008, 10:53:00 PM »

Yeah your disk drive is on its way out If you dont want to get the modchip then you have 2 options you can do the tsop flash or you can just purchase another disk drive. I believe either way you will more then likly have to buy another dvd drive because you will have to boot the xbox to flash the tsop In the Buy/Sell/Trade on this site there are quite a few people that sell the disk drives at a good price. I know Alex548 has one for $25 shipped

Heimdall

• Archived User
Error 11 And Dvd Issues
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 04:01:00 AM »

Or if you don't fancy the TSOP solution or a replacement DVD you could try this. It claims to trick the Xbox into thinking there's a DVD drive there when there isn't, so should work for a softmod - and you can probably do it without soldering!

However .... notice that further on someone reckons that it fails, so you might have to do some fiddling to make it work.

Edit: But this one reckons that connecting pins 2 and 7 works.

Heimdall

• Archived User
Error 11 And Dvd Issues
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 01:04:00 PM »

I'd leave the cable in place and short pins 2 and 7 at the DVD end with a small paper clip, just to see if it works. If it does then you could just cut the paper clip really short and hold it in place with insulating tape.

But make sure you double check the connector orientation first.....!!

run088

• Archived User
Error 11 And Dvd Issues
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 01:38:00 AM »

If you can get it to boot randomly I suggest that you ftp the game or slayers or evox with flashbios to the hdd and flash the tsop from there.If it is a winbond chip it will have to be the game approach but either will run from hdd if it is already softmoded.

If you continue trying to short the dvd drive you run the risk of trashing the pic16 chip and if that happens you will never get another dvd drive to work in the xbox if you are lucky.The worst case scenerio is the chip burns out completely and the xbox wont even boot to an error screen it will be in a coma.The pic16 controls all kinds of stuff outside the dvd drive including turning the mobo and psu on and off.It controls the fans some video selectors among other things.It is basically like a brain to it all.This was the part as well as the tsop that was replaced on the 1.6v version xbox.You can check the forums on the sickmods site to find more about the chip.

Heimdall

• Archived User
Error 11 And Dvd Issues
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 07:58:00 PM »

You can't just swap the hard drive - it is locked to the eeprom on the motherboard.

You'll need to start again with the softmod. There are two methods - gamesave, using Krayzie 1.1.1, and hotswap using xboxhdm and Kingroach NDURE 3.1.

Trebz

• Archived User
Error 11 And Dvd Issues
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 04:38:00 AM »

I tried this with a piece of spare wire i had, i connected 2 to 7 as described on a standard Xbox...

It didn't work. Still showing error 12.........

Im obviously trying to avoid having to TSOP or flash my X2 BIOS as im not too confident about flashing.

Any updates chaps?