xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Unknown Bios - Quirky Ndure Installation  (Read 51 times)

ldotsfan

• Archived User
Unknown Bios - Quirky Ndure Installation
« on: October 12, 2008, 02:33:00 AM »

1. Is xbox tsop flashed or softmodded? Describe the flubber animation at boot up. Ndure tends to expect a retail ms bios in the tsop to work.
2. Ndure has a virtual eeprom feature to protect against changes of the eeprom hence changing of HD settings are not sticky.
3. Do you have component cables? The HD settings only make sense with the right cables.
4. You said you have a 1.6 xbox which makes tsop flashing impossible so I'm not sure what your friend did. Check against this http://www.xbox-scene.com/versions.php and verify again.
5. Does your xbox boot to msdash in the situation - power up with eject button?

MetalRampage

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 01:44:00 PM »

First off, sorry about the double post, I can't find an edit button.

Now, well, I think my problems are kinda solved. I... think. Anyway, I looked in your sig, and I saw something about enabling hd through xbmc. Well, I followed those steps and I'm well satisfied. So, even if I'm running a partially corrupt bios, at least most of it is working fine. It may be that only the kernal was patched, so it really is just a softmod.

I do have to say though, it doesn't look like the xbox was built with hd in mind. at 1080i, the refresh rate really drops, system operations are much slower and generally, I doubt I'll actually use 1080. I guess it makes sense though, there aren't any 1080 games, are there? hehe.

Thanks again for the help, especially that link in your sig.

-MR

ldotsfan

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 07:05:00 AM »

For the record, a xbox ver 1.6 doesn't have any tsop to flash. The EvoX bios is for mod chip