xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Question About Getting A 32x Bios  (Read 93 times)

ldotsfan

• Archived User
Question About Getting A 32x Bios
« on: September 26, 2008, 06:32:00 PM »

1. What is 32x with reference to bios? I have never seen the two used together.
2. A bios is usually used for a tsop flash or a mod chip. A softmod usually exploits the msdash through font exploits. Suggest you head to the XBE exploits forum and read the pinned tutorials.
3. Attempt the hdd upgrade at a later stage when you have softmodded successfully. My sig has a linked thread on hdd upgrades.

rocky5

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 05:58:00 PM »

Ah i get what you mean you need the emulator that supports 32x and flashing your bios on your xbox i would go for ind-bios as this is what i use and its has some nice feature's also works on xbox's 1.0 to 1.5

steveo1978

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 12:28:00 PM »

If you are using Krazie's or Kingroach's ndure installer all you should have to do is format the G drive with the 32k clusters but if you set it up to F takes the rest then format F

ldotsfan

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 08:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(palentir @ Sep 30 2008, 02:55 AM) View Post

sorry my bad, i didnt mean 32x i meant 32k. basically from what i've read formatting a large harddisk with a 16k file system will lead to corruption. so i will need XBPartitioner with a bios that will let me use 32k file system. so can i actually upgrade my bios even tho i only have a softmod? does a replacement bios actually exist for me to do this?

sorry for confusion... oh and btw i have a 1.6 xbox

Ndure softmods come with nkpatcher - a kernel patcher. This is the softmod's equivalent of what you term a bios. In effect, the retail ms bios is patched with extra functions - one of which is LBA48 support for a bigger hdd so you won't have issue using xbpartitioner (XBP) to partition a bigger than 256Gb hdd with 32k clusters. Actually XBP 1.1 will automatically use the right cluster size based on the partition size.

rocky5

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 11:28:00 AM »

If you flashing the Tsop then Ind-Bios 5003 will let you have any size HDD also supports custom partitions not sure what thoughts are though lol.