xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Flashing Bios Killed Xbox?  (Read 146 times)

bruceytots

• Archived User
Flashing Bios Killed Xbox?
« on: September 18, 2008, 08:19:00 PM »

Ok, so I recently modded my xbox. I have a Xecuter 3 CE with a xapter and one of those exterior switch things. I followed the tutorial on team-executer on how to flash the bios using the HTTP thing (here). I used the X3 3294.bin bios and clicked upload and started watching TV. The xbox shut down about 6 minutes later. I know this is what was suppose to happen. Now, when I try to turn it on, it starts to boot up for a second or two then shuts down again. Everything works though, the modchip lights turn on, the disk inside spins, the exterior switch thing turns blue... it just shuts down 2 seconds later. Is there a virus? Did I do something wrong? Did I just kill my box?

bruceytots

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 06:14:00 AM »

Some extra info:
-Xbox: v1.3
-HDD: Western Digital, 120GB
ModChip: Xecuter 3 CE + Xapter
-Case: Ghost Case, Green
-When I was flashing the BIOS: It took perhaps 10 minutes to load the next screen when I clicked UPLOAD and FLASH.  Because of this, I restarted my box 2 minutes in and did it again. Nothing bad happened then. It turned on fine. The next time I waited and 10 minutes later it showed the MODCHIP IS BEING UPDATED screen on my comp. I don't know how the xbox screen install went. I do know it flash green and amber for a while then shut off.
-Problem: Xbox now only turns on for a few seconds before shutting off again.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 07:08:00 AM »

Turn it on by pressing start and eject at the same time. LED on the external switch should initially turn purple, then blue, and you should see the Flashbios screen again.

Make sure your switches are set to on-on-off-off-off (flash the first 1M bank), and make sure you're not accidentally using the 3294 v1.6 BIOS. Try the flash again, but this time watch the flashbios screen instead of switching over and watching TV!! At least that way if there's a problem you'll see the error message!

bruceytots

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 07:07:00 PM »

I used the normal 3294 BIOS. I checked my desktop. I pressed start and eject at the same time. It turns on, the X flashes red for a hundredth of a second then turns blue and then shuts off. I tried quickly tapping both, just pressing both, and holding both. The only difference is that holding both makes it turn on then off, then back on.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 07:18:00 PM »

If you turn it on with a long press on the start button, what happens?

bruceytots

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 07:53:00 PM »

It turns on then turns off.

bruceytots

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 08:47:00 PM »

Update: If I put all the switches ON then the xbox will stay on and the eject button flashes green and red. No TV signal though.

Hope this helps.

bruceytots

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 02:08:00 PM »

Update: I tried the other, 1MB bank (OFF ON OFF OFF OFF) and it works fine. I have the FlashBIOS 3.0.0 blue screen. Should I try to flash another BIOS on that bank?

soccrstar84

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 03:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(bruceytots @ Sep 20 2008, 04:08 PM) View Post

Update: I tried the other, 1MB bank (OFF ON OFF OFF OFF) and it works fine. I have the FlashBIOS 3.0.0 blue screen. Should I try to flash another BIOS on that bank?

NO, use that bank as your recovery

once you get it up to the flashbios screen. flip the dipswitch back to the faulty flash and reflash. n try using a CD to do it.

I tried the network flash and it kill the box. had to switch to the other bank boot up using flashbios and flip the switch back to the other bank and flash using cd and all was well on that bank