xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Hard Mod  (Read 69 times)

steveo1978

• Recovered User
Xbox Hard Mod
« on: September 15, 2008, 11:11:00 PM »

ok if i understand you correctly you have an executer chip installed and you want to format your HDD and you wanna install linux and xbmc and maybe the original xbox dash. Is that correct? if so can you reply in english

fygo

• Archived User
Xbox Hard Mod
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 06:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(steveo1978 @ Sep 16 2008, 06:47 AM) View Post

ok if i understand you correctly you have an executer chip installed and you want to format your HDD and you wanna install linux and xbmc and maybe the original xbox dash. Is that correct? if so can you reply in english

Yes that is correct.

steveo1978

• Recovered User
Xbox Hard Mod
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 12:10:00 PM »

ok if you check on your c: drive you may find a evoxdash.xbe let me know if you find that and also what size hard drive do you have

fygo

• Archived User
Xbox Hard Mod
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 01:46:00 PM »

Found a "evox.xbe","evoxdash.tbn and xbe" on the C drive and my HD is 7631MB.
Why do you need to know the hard drive size ?

steveo1978

• Recovered User
Xbox Hard Mod
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 02:31:00 AM »

oh so i could recommend the best way to format your hard drive but i guess you have the stock hdd so you would be better off just to delete what you dont want but now to the xbmc install get the newest release of xbmc it will be a .rar file open it up and copy the xbmc folder to your pc go into that folder and rename the default.xbe to evoxdash.xbe now on your xbox you can delete everything off the c: drive (DO NOT RESTART THE XBOX AFTER YOU DO THIS) then after everything is deleted ftp the contents of the xbmc folder to your c: drive dont copy the folder just the contents then restart your xbox

Now to get linux use google to search for "xbox linux" and choose which one you want to use but i think most people use xdsl which isnt that bad of a linux

fygo

• Archived User
Xbox Hard Mod
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 12:49:00 PM »

are you sertain to just replace the xboxdash.xbe with the default.xbe (renamed) in de new xbmc pak, becous when i load the xboxdash.xbe it does not directly load the xbmc, it first loads the standaart xbox logo and then the xbmc loads, but when i load the xbmc.xbe in the same drive it directly loads xbmc.

steveo1978

• Recovered User
Xbox Hard Mod
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 01:02:00 PM »

rename the default.xbe to evoxdash.xbe then put it on c: since you have a chip installed you can just delete everything that is currently on c: so you can just have xbmc on there but make sure that the default.xbe for xbmc is named evoxdash.xbe

fygo

• Archived User
Xbox Hard Mod
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 01:43:00 PM »

oke, what about the standaart xbox os?
And also when i push the on button on the xbox to boot it and while its booting i can press the left trigger to boot an whole other program.

steveo1978

• Recovered User
Xbox Hard Mod
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 11:00:00 PM »

well now i am lost i dont know what to advise you to do

ldotsfan

• Archived User
Xbox Hard Mod
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 09:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(fygo @ Sep 19 2008, 04:19 AM) View Post

oke, what about the standaart xbox os?
And also when i push the on button on the xbox to boot it and while its booting i can press the left trigger to boot an whole other program.

That sounds like X-select: http://forums.xbox-s...showtopic=74773

Heimdall

• Archived User
Xbox Hard Mod
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 02:58:00 AM »

UnleashX also allows you to assign apps (or other dashboards) to buttons and have them executed as the dash boots. I suspect that it's probably not as powerful or flexible as X-Select  - I've never tried X-Select, but it seems to give you a menu, whereas the UnleashX solution requires you to remember your button assignments.