xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox With Xecuter2 Bought On Ebay, Dvd Drive Broken  (Read 103 times)

Retroid

• Archived User
Xbox With Xecuter2 Bought On Ebay, Dvd Drive Broken
« on: September 02, 2008, 11:50:00 AM »

Damn it.... could a Mod please move this topic here instead?

That'll teach me to have several tabs open on the same forum... sleep.gif

defecat0r

• Archived User
Xbox With Xecuter2 Bought On Ebay, Dvd Drive Broken
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 05:54:00 AM »

dunno if you got u'r problem sorted out, but if not... i've got an xbox and seen another that has the same problem with the dvd drive not opening. It whirrs like it wants to, but the tray stays shut. Apparently is a dodgey belt or something.

Anyway, i found that if u have the top of the case off and the drive out, when you look at the dvd drive straight on, on the lower right side u'll see a white plastic bracket thing inside, push on that with a screw driver or something immediately after pressing eject and it opens. What i've done is dremel a small hole in my case in front of that white plastic lever thing so i can push a toothpick in and press eject at the same time to get it open.

Hopefully this will be the same problem as yours and will give you the ability to use slayers disk to flash your chip, then auto installer deluxe to install your dashboard and apps.

Your other option would be to borrow a mates xbox and borrow his dvd drive to flash your chip and get dashboard setup.