xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Answer To Alot Hot Swap Of Problems!  (Read 216 times)

krayzie

• Archived User
The Answer To Alot Hot Swap Of Problems!
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2004, 02:04:00 PM »

I thought he was talkin about a way to create a full hdd driver image with a 4920 dashboard which you can use to restore your dash.

Angerwound

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2004, 02:20:00 PM »

Yah, he wasn't throwing anything new out there. It was just some old stuff, with some mistakes that would cause 5713+ boxes to become screwed. If he wants to place his information back up without his illegal links, he can. Just make sure to fix your wording so that v1.6 users aren't fucked.

adil786

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2004, 02:26:00 PM »

QUOTE (chowderman @ Aug 3 2004, 03:28 PM)
There isn't a link shit stick, they still have to find it you crotch monkey!

loooser, should be banned now,

honestly the amount of n00bs swearing in these forums has increased  sad.gif

DaddyJ

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2004, 02:57:00 PM »

Wow double post, sorry!

chimpanzee

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2004, 09:39:00 PM »

QUOTE (krayzie @ Aug 3 2004, 10:07 PM)
I thought he was talkin about a way to create a full hdd driver image with a 4920 dashboard which you can use to restore your dash.

There are much better way than his, even not running linux on PC(but if one can boot with ldots' xboxhdm, that is the best option). I can outline a simple procedure :

1. run a version of linux(ldots' ltools for example) on a modded Xbox.

dd if=/dev/hda51 of=/tmp/cdrive.img bs=100M

2. either zip it or copy it directly to the PC through ftp

3. go to http://www.cygwin.com and install it, make sure to install the "dd" package

4. now hotswap as usual, then start the cygwin bash shell and do the following :

$ dd if=/ftp/cdrive.img of=/dev/sda seek=4501 bs=512K

I am not too sure about the 4501 number and bs number(need to check). sda is primary, sdb is slave etc.

The same procedure can be used to duplicate the whole disk. The new disk is now modded too. Now just make sure the kernel likes whatever modd is there. But like you said, blindly doing this kind of thing can be harmful but it is a way to rebuild a Xbox HD(from another working modded Xbox), all under Windows(not 98/ME as that won't work).  The same procedure can be used to make a zipped copy of a virgin C: image when first running a game save and save it.

I am not sure if ATAPWD is a windows program or not. If it is, one can even do this to upgrade a HD, all from within Windows as just lock the disk after the mirroring and viola, time to install.

So for people who can run xboxhdm, use it(together with ldots ltools). For those who feel alienated by linux, this can be an alternative.

Pages: 1 [2]