xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Splinter Cell Exploit With Mech Fonts Tutorial  (Read 633 times)

jon20usa

• Archived User
Splinter Cell Exploit With Mech Fonts Tutorial
« on: May 11, 2004, 01:56:00 PM »

Ok heres my contribution to the Xbox-Scene Forums. A special thanks to Jsrlepage for his Splinter Cell Exploit Tutorial which I first used to mod my box. Please read this whole tutorial before attempting anything. WARNING - Neither I nor Xbox-Scene.com are responsible for possible damages to your Xbox. Ok here we go!!

EDIT: No longer uses Mech/Catfish Fonts as I believe the Ultimate Dashboard Exploit is better.  biggrin.gif

1) What you need
   - The original Splinter Cell game (I have heard that the Platinum Edition does not work so try to find an original if possible) I woould recommend buying the game as you might need it if you run into problems. Gamestop is selling it for $9.99
   - A memory card (I have heard the peepz have problems with Madcatz and Action Replay Memory Cards so just try to get an official M$ Memory Card. you can also you a usb storage device instead of a memory card but you need a special cable to be able to use that. you could also hotswap your Hdd instead of using a memory card or usb device. I am only going to explain how to use a memory card. you can find hotswapping info and USB storage device info in other tutorials.) If you are going to use a memory card you will need to construct an Xbox to usb adapter so that you can plug your Xbox controller into your PC. you will also need to get the Action Replay Software which is located at http://us.codejunkies.com/support.asp?c=us...=$&r=0&l=1
   - You will also need a PC (of course) and a network where you can hook your PC and Xbox together. If you hook your Xbox and PC directly together you just need a crossover cable but if you hook your Xbox and PC into a router or hub you will need a patch or straight through cable.
    - You will need to learn how to use Xbins. Here's a tutorial http://Xbox-scene.co...icles/xbins.php. Once you get access to xbins you will need to obtain the Splinter Cell Exploit with Evox and PBL 1.4.1 by Gueux. You will also want to download a dashboard of your choice. I use Unleashx but its your preference.
   - You will also need slayer's easy auto installer 2.5 just search for it on google and you will find a link for a torrent file.
   - And finally you will need to decode the text file here http://forums.Xbox-s....php?showtopic= 217686&view=findpost&p=1436310 that will contain the new (update) font you need to exploit your box.

2) Ok now to start (You may skip steps 2-4 if you already have the exploit on a memory card) You will need to follow this guide from Xbox-linux.org  http://www.Xbox-linu...cs/howtoar.html. Stop after step 2 because they are using mechassualt not Splinter Cell. Ok got that. good. Lets move on.

3) You will need to open the Splinter Cell Exploit with Evox with a zip program. The way the save comes you can't just use it. You will have to follow this procedure to get it onto the memory card using the Action Replay Software.
Quote from themuffin "take one of the directories from the uDATA dir and put it in its own uDATA folder (if this confuses u, when this is done, you should have two folders called uDATA each with only one folder inside, but those folders are different, one contains the actual SC save and the other has evox) (i had to do this, don't know if its needed) poke around the other saves that came with your AR, look for a file called datelinfo or such, and put that in both of your udata folders. now this is the MOST I amPORTANT STEP, make sure that when you zip the files (there should be two seperate zips) inside of the zip there is still the uDATA folder, because sometI ames the zip prog will only zip the files inside and ignore the directory they are in, I use power archiever so it might be different in another case, but its never paranoid to double check. copy over to your mem card using the included software(cross your fingers that it doesn't say " invald Xbox save")" End quote from themuffin (Thanks!)

4) Ok now you can go into the Action Replay Software and drag the 2 zip files one at a time into the middle window called PC database. Then drag the files into the window called Memory Card. Copy the files one at a time.

5) The files should now be on your memory card. If you have problems with this next part try this awesome tutorial by mkjones on copying a gamesave to your Hdd here http://forums.Xbox-s...howtopic=207373
Now boot up your Xbox. Then go into the Memory option. Connect your controller with the memory card and you should see the memory card on one of the sides of the Hdd picture. Now use the D-Pad to select the memory card. Now go into the memory card. Then find the Linux Profile and select that and tell it to copy it to the Hdd. Do the same for the Splinter Cell gamesave. VERY IMPORTANT - DO NOT HAVE ANY OTHER Splinter Cell gamesaves on your Xbox. You can go into the Hdd and delete these if necessary. Ok now boot up your original copy of Splinter Cell. Push start and then load the Profile Linux and then say Checkpoints. You won't/shouldn't see any Checkpoints but just click the one without a name. The Evolutionx (Evox) dashboard should now load. Ok now find out the ip of your box. I believe you need your Xbox connected with a cable at this time or your box will not get an Ip Address. If you are connected to a router it is probably assigning your box a dynamic Ip using DHCP. This is ok for now. You may need to assign it a static ip like 192.168.0.100 or 192.168.1.100 and use a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0  I don't think you need a Gateway but if you do need one it is your router's Ip Address.

6) Ok now you can FTP intoyourbox. I recommend using FlashFXP. That seems to be the choice of most modders here. Here is a tutorial on using FlashFXP to FTP into your box http://dwl.Xbox-scen...ng_the_Xbox.pdf

7) Ok now you will need to obtain the M$ Dashboard Version 4920 so you can use the font exploit. first copy all the files on your Xbox C drive to a folder on your PC just as a backup in case you ever want an unmodded Xbox back. Then delete all the files from your Xbox C drive. Ok now extract slayers 2.5 iso into a folder on you rPC. (i believe you need an xiso I amage extracter like Craxtion or xISO xFEr). Then goto SYSTEM\ALL\c\ and upload all those files to your empty Xbox C drive.

8) Now you will need to copy C:\xodash\update.xbe to C:\ and rename it C:\Xboxdash.xbe. Just delete or overwrite your original Xboxdash.xbe. Then you will need to decode this text file to get the new font so you can exploit update.xbe which you renamed to Xboxdash.xbe. go here for the encoded text file http://forums.Xbox-s...dpost&p=1436310 That is the offical ultimate Dashboard Exploit Thread. Then you will need to rename the folder C:\fonts to C:\f0nts notice you replaced the letter "o" in font to a zero. If you need more help using the ultI amate dashboard font please visit the pinned thread above.

9) Then put Phoenix Bios Loader 1.4.1 by Gueux in E:\ Make sure you signed the default.xbe using Xbedump with the habibi signature. To sign the default.xbe open a Command Prompt and navigate to the folder which has Xbedump and PBL in it. Then say "xbedump default.xbe -habibi" without the quotes. Now to make PBL boot fast and skip the screen where you can select your bios, change the 5 in the boot.cfg to a 0 so its a bunch of zereos so that it will boot fast. Then go into your bioses folder on your E drive and rename the X2 Bios or whatever Bios you wanna use (has to be an M7 Bios) to Xboxrom.bin and delete the other Bioses that your not using.

10) Now put whatever Dashboard you wanna use in C:\ and name it evoxdash.xbe to make sure it boots. It may work with other file names but I know that name works.

11) Now reboot your box. It should boot your Dashboard after going quickly through the Gueux PBL. (You may need to change yourip settings again)

Thats it. You have just softmodded your Xbox using the Splinter Cell Exploit with Evox and using the Ultimate Dashboard Exploit. I hope you enjoy.  biggrin.gif

jon20usa

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 11:42:00 AM »

bump  :D  

anjilslaire

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 03:27:00 PM »

QUOTE (jon20usa @ May 11 2004, 02:56 PM)

u will also need a pc (of course) and a network where u can hook ur pc and xbox together. if u hook ur xbox and pc directly together u just need a patch or straight through cable but if u hook ur xbox and pc into a router or hub u will need a crossover cable.

You got that backwards. Straight PC-to-PC (or xbox) connections need a crossover cable.
If using a hub/switch, you need straight-through cables.

jon20usa

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004, 02:10:00 PM »

oh thanks. sry i got that confused. its fixed.  :D  

jon20usa

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2004, 05:22:00 PM »

bump

blasfemaz

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2004, 12:18:00 PM »

You will need to open the Splinter Cell Exploit with Evox with a zip program. The way the save comes you can't just use it. You will have to follow this procedure to get it onto the memory card using the Action Replay Software.
Quote from themuffin "take one of the directories from the uDATA dir and put it in its own uDATA folder (if this confuses u, when this is done, you should have two folders called uDATA each with only one folder inside, but those folders are different, one contains the actual SC save and the other has evox) (i had to do this, don't know if its needed) poke around the other saves that came with your AR, look for a file called datelinfo or such, and put that in both of your udata folders. now this is the MOST I amPORTANT STEP, make sure that when you zip the files (there should be two seperate zips) inside of the zip there is still the uDATA folder, because sometI ames the zip prog will only zip the files inside and ignore the directory they are in, I use power archiever so it might be different in another case, but its never paranoid to double check. copy over to your mem card using the included software(cross your fingers that it doesn't say " invald Xbox save")" End quote from themuffin (Thanks!

well now i am stuck again :(
i am completely confused, i dont understand what i must do.  i unerstand that i must take one of the dirs inside the original udata folder and put it in its own udata foler, but where will this 2nd udata folder be in?  it will be in the original udata folder?   and then i dont understand the part where i have to zip the files,  i have to zip each uodata folder and put both of them in another zip file?  what will the name of this other zip file be?  is it gona look something like this:

.............../udata folder -whats inside here?
............./..................................................../5553000c
zipfile --udata zip folder---------------------- udatazip folder --21585554
..................................................................\..........................\datelinfo.xbx
....................................................................\datelinfo.xbx    

Ned_Flanders

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2004, 01:10:00 PM »

You will end up with two zips. The zips will have one udata folder apiece in them. If you PM me I can hook you up. I should really submit a modified version to xbins and try to get the current one taken down. This causes a lot of confusion.

This post has been edited by Ned_Flanders on Jun 2 2004, 08:15 PM

blasfemaz

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2004, 06:27:00 PM »

well while looking in the system info of my box, this is the only thing i found:
k: 1.00.5101.01
d: 1.00.5659.03

what does this mean?  will the exploit work on my box?

EDIT:
i forgot to mention my xbox version is 1.5

This post has been edited by blasfemaz on Jun 3 2004, 02:20 AM

Ned_Flanders

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2004, 05:44:00 PM »

Your kernal is exploitable but you need to downgrade your dash first. Check your PM I answered it there more in depth.  :D  

blasfemaz

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2004, 02:40:00 PM »

i dont know if i should be posting this here, but i tried to pm you Ned, and it said u didnt have messenger priviledges or something like that...

turns out I ended up doing something different.  some guy really convinced me that this was a better way than using any font or audio exploits.  heres what i did:
(IMG:http://www.xbox-scene.com/imageserver3/tsop/xbox1_2.jpg)

i soldered those 2 things, he guided me through every step on a messenger.  after i did the soldering, he told me to boot my xbox and load a splintercell gamesave with evox and raincoat, so once evox loaded, he told me to select the raincoat option, i did that. then he told me to open a command promp on my computer and had me do some telnet commands.  after that he told me to reboot my xbox, and now when my xbox shows the xbox logo, it says "XCUTER2" at the bottom.

anyway after that, he told me to load up the slayers 2.5 cd, i did that. then the unfortunate happened, he said he had to log off cuz of something important, and now i havent seen him again.

so now i am stuck, i dont know what to do next...

is it possible you could help me out?

thank you

EDIT:
says "XECUTER2" , not execture...

This post has been edited by blasfemaz on Jun 3 2004, 09:43 PM

giftic

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2004, 09:21:00 AM »

it didnt work for me..i dont know what i am doing wrong..hmmm i got a Blackscreen of Death but when i cut it off it rebooted up normally..heres my previous message...
version K.4034 D.4920 and the Real Splintercell / Action Replay  sad.gif

I dont know if i did it correct but i got a Error 21 blackscreen of death..but when i cut off my Xbox and turned it on..i bootedup normally..what am i doing wrong? Heres my Previous message I tried to do the Splinter Cell with Evox exploit ..i installed the gamesaves in 2 uData folders... does default.xbe go in 21585554 with install.xbe? what files go in there..i didnt solder my xbox.. K.4034 D.4920 so should i use the splinter cell ntsc or the splinter cell with evox and raincoat? and delete the raincoat from it? when i put the files uData in a zip and sent it to my Mem from Action Replay..then deleted my old Splinter Cell saves..and copied the Linux install and the Linux Profile..i then booted up the Game..went to the Linux Profile and clicked Check Points..and received a Error screen 21... Xbox needs service..but when i cut my xbox off..i bootedup to the Normal Dash..like i never did the exploit..my Quesion is..what am i doing wrong? and my 2nd ..i dont have MA or 007..i spent all my money on windows xp cross cable and action replay..and i already had splintercell...can someone give me any help on how i can get FTP access to my Xbox..with this setup..P.s i cant hardswap becuss my xp is a laptop and my pc is a 98

usuariofinal69

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2004, 12:38:00 PM »

Hi, I tried to make the UDE following this tutorial but, when I reboot my xbox I have 2 message first somethin saying about Xbox live (form the original dashboard, I belive) then I erase all and restart and my xbox freeze in the initial screen, what I do wrong?

deadeyes989

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2004, 07:22:00 PM »

hey, well i tryed the mechinstaller exploit and it didnt work (it said unknown under all the things for it) sadly my xbox seems to be fully upgraded due to xbox live.
first of all, how can i downgrade my xbox, or at least get an explaoit save to load (i havnt done the splinter cell one because i cant get the saves set up to go into action replay, it keeps saying "not xbox save", ive made them look just like a save, and folowed tons of tutorals on how to set it up) so before i go any further with the splinter cell exploit, how can i downgrade my xbox???

Sonicjam

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2004, 07:10:00 AM »

can u make the the the slayer part a little easier i can't understand it

reybie

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2004, 06:51:00 PM »

I'm trying to follow this tutorial and was cruising easily but now I'm stuck at this part:

And finally you will need to decode the text file here http://forums.Xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic= 217686&view=findpost&p=1436310 that will contain the new (update) font you need to exploit your box.

I followed that and I just ended up on UDE topic. It's not listed in the first post, but there is one in the 5th page. Is that what I'm looking for?

Thank you.
Pages: [1] 2