xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: New Audio Exploit.  (Read 852 times)

devz3ro

• Archived User
New Audio Exploit.
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2003, 06:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (Mordenkainen @ Dec 25 2003, 03:13 AM)
Ya, catfish suggested I try it... It still gets messed up... don't know why.
Merry Chrismas all!

So this is the only *known* flaw to date in this exploit? or does rebooting / igr still corrupt it sometimes?

Mordenkainen

• Archived User
New Audio Exploit.
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2003, 06:59:00 PM »

AFAIK IGR and rebooting don't hurt this. But, if using my package and you shut down wihtout IGR'ing while using the gamestub you will run into problems.

denky

• Archived User
New Audio Exploit.
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2003, 07:16:00 PM »

Pls help me understand,

1.  To use this more stable ST.DB with other keys, we still need to patch it with the other keys, correct?

2.  Reason we need to change the key in ST.DB is because all our xbe files on hdd or backup discs are already signed with another key??

In case anyone wonder why I don't use PBL and save the trouble of signing everything - that's because PBL doesn't work with 5530 kernel xbox.

devz3ro

• Archived User
New Audio Exploit.
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2003, 12:13:00 AM »

Sure it does, my g/f's brother has a 1.4 xbox (5530) I installed PBL 1.3 on it. Only thing I had to change was the phoenix.raw (made it black so you see hardly any flickering) and I changed my original bios X2 4977 BFM [1mb] to Evox D6 BFM [1mb] (downloaded the 1mb non-eject fix and renamed to xboxrom.bin) since this bios works with the new focus video chip.

note: It will flicker until the bios is loaded.

ddaddy

• Archived User
New Audio Exploit.
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2003, 11:21:00 AM »

What is the date on your kernel 5530 xbox?
You are the only person i know to get pbl working with this kernel. Can you double check the kernel version please.

Thanks

Merry Christmas everyone :)

devz3ro

• Archived User
New Audio Exploit.
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2003, 07:08:00 PM »

QUOTE (ddaddy @ Dec 25 2003, 09:21 PM)
What is the date on your kernel 5530 xbox?
You are the only person i know to get pbl working with this kernel. Can you double check the kernel version please.

Thanks

Merry Christmas everyone smile.gif

I can check tomarrow just to make sure 100%, have you tried what I posted? PBL doesnt work, it is garbled until the bios is loaded. You perform the xploit, you see the screen flicker like mad then I have it load into evox and from there everything is fine. Maybe its not the same kernel but try changing the xboxrom.bin to evox d6 bfm bios file [was the non-eject fix version  1mb] (rename, then replace with).

Let me know your outcome if you havent already tried this.

I guess you can use the latest xecuter bios but you need the 1.3.5 PBL from what ive read

ddaddy

• Archived User
New Audio Exploit.
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2003, 04:50:00 AM »

The garbled screen problem has been around for a while now, i think i may have been one of the first people to bring the solution to this board. The problem we face now is totally different. You cant get ANY bios to load with pbl on the new versions of xbox. They just hang after loading.

Please check your kernel version, you may find it is an earlier version than 5530.

Thx

denky

• Archived User
New Audio Exploit.
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2003, 06:18:00 PM »

Help, I am confused please clarify - for this ST.DB posted by devz3ro which key must I use to sign the xbe?

I see devz3ro's ST.DB XOR with 03DD78AC2

and
QUOTE (Grospolina @ Dec 24 2003, 06:53 AM)
I'd just like to note that this uses the -audio key (which makes perfect sense).

Grospolina say it uses -audio key.

Then,
QUOTE (Mordenkainen @ Dec 24 2003, 07:41 PM)
Like if you use the st.db from my package, it will use the habibi key instead of the audio.

Mordenkainen mention his ST.DB use -habibi, but his ST.DB also XOR with 03DD78AC2.

So if both ST.DB use "03DD78AC2", I can't be signing my xbe with 2 different key but which is the right one?
I really appreciate some expert advice, thank you for helping this nerve wracked newbie sad.gif .

Mordenkainen

• Archived User
New Audio Exploit.
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2003, 07:31:00 PM »

There is more to the key generation that just the "key".

Even though they seem to do the same thing, they are different keys.

Morden.

devz3ro

• Archived User
New Audio Exploit.
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2003, 07:58:00 PM »

QUOTE (ddaddy @ Dec 26 2003, 02:50 PM)
The garbled screen problem has been around for a while now, i think i may have been one of the first people to bring the solution to this board. The problem we face now is totally different. You cant get ANY bios to load with pbl on the new versions of xbox. They just hang after loading.

Please check your kernel version, you may find it is an earlier version than 5530.

Thx

Sorry havent been able to get to my friends house to check to see what version it was yet, but I have a few questions:

( Sounds like you already tried everything, but I had to ask smile.gif )

Have you tried PBL 1.3.5i with Evox M7 bfm bios?

And why do you want to change the key, I know you said because you cant use PBL, but changing it to run what? or sign what to work on these new boxes? a dash?

What *does* work since PBL doesnt?

denky

• Archived User
New Audio Exploit.
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2003, 08:04:00 PM »

Morden, I just did a compare between your ST.DB found in Mordens_Audio_hack_MA_V3.rar, and the ST.DB in the first post.  Both files are essentially the same except for the shorter filenames in devz3ro's ST.DB.

Would that mean that I sign my xbe with -habibi like you earlier said and to ignore Grospolina's incorrect post?

devz3ro

• Archived User
New Audio Exploit.
« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2003, 08:09:00 PM »

QUOTE (denky @ Dec 27 2003, 06:04 AM)
Morden, I just did a compare between your ST.DB found in Mordens_Audio_hack_MA_V3.rar, and the ST.DB in the first post.  Both files are essentially the same except for the shorter filenames in devz3ro's ST.DB.

Would that mean that I sign my xbe with -habibi like you earlier said and to ignore Grospolina's incorrect post?

my st.db originated from "audio_sl_audio-key.zip" found in "the usual places" which I then hexed to not cause any (well, most not all) corruption & xbe rename.

slrhsapple

• Archived User
New Audio Exploit.
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2003, 09:36:00 PM »

if you are using the one posted at the beginning of the thread, you need to sign it with -audio.

"Yes, this is just as stable as the cd-swap exploit. If you do the code sequence wrong, it will just give a "not enough free space" error and not corrupt your st.db. So now you just boot with no audio cd in the xbox and do the following after replacing your original st.db and renaming "linux.xbe" in e: to "exploit" in e:

Go into Music, then don't choose Audio CD but the No-name soundtrack below
it, Copy, Copy, New Soundtrack, Done.

The pressed keys are : A, Down, A, Down, A, Right, Right, A, A, A"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]