xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Xbox Live Exploit  (Read 2986 times)

nonzero

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #90 on: August 22, 2003, 04:24:00 PM »

QUOTE (underthebridge @ Aug 22 2003, 11:54 PM)
that is why we are trying to get this XBLive exploit working, which ALSO has none of the drawbacks of the font exploit since you can run it voluntarily

Yes I can see that - but would that produce an exploit that is better/more resiliant than Mordens audio hack? I am trying to understand why there is effort being put into an exploit that seems to have been expolited to the max already...

nonzero

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2003, 03:31:00 PM »

ahhh....that sounds great. I don't know much about this new exploit (I have only skimmed this post) but how will it load automatically into EvoX when it will be linked to the Live tab? Surely you will have to click the Live tab to load EvoX?

underthebridge

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2003, 04:51:00 PM »

QUOTE (nonzero @ Aug 23 2003, 12:31 AM)
Surely you will have to click the Live tab to load EvoX?

That is correct. And wouldn't that be the easiest way to run the exploit whenever you want?

I just wish I could reach free-x or whoever has dealt with development of B&E. I'm sure it'll be a piece of cake for them to make the necessary modification... sigh

underthebridge

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2003, 05:20:00 PM »

QUOTE (sabwafare @ Aug 23 2003, 01:57 AM)
I could probably help with the modifications if I had a copy of the new live dash you speak of. [email protected] is my email  rolleyes.gif

you need a copy of what?

4920 (live-enabled, looks in [fonts])

--------------OR--------------

4817 (pre-live, looks on root) ?

Lung-Dart

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #94 on: August 23, 2003, 04:32:00 AM »

Could you not just set the xbox live .xbe, to load the pheonix bios loader? It seems to me that a debug bios should be able to load, even after the M$ bios was... I mean.. it was designed for debugging in the first place.

underthebridge

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #95 on: August 23, 2003, 06:03:00 AM »

QUOTE (Lung-Dart @ Aug 23 2003, 01:32 PM)
Could you not just set the xbox live .xbe, to load the pheonix bios loader? It seems to me that a debug bios should be able to load, even after the M$ bios was... I mean.. it was designed for debugging in the first place.

will definitely not work. PBL xbe is unsigned, remember?

mnm6687

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #96 on: August 23, 2003, 10:11:00 AM »

hey underthebridge, have you gotten a hold of any of the free-x people or maybe the phoenix people (creators of bert and snuff) yet?  we need this!

underthebridge

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2003, 08:44:00 AM »

QUOTE (mnm6687 @ Aug 23 2003, 07:11 PM)
hey underthebridge, have you gotten a hold of any of the free-x people or maybe the phoenix people (creators of bert and snuff) yet?  we need this!

I'm trying to get in touch with phoenix and free-x

afon

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2003, 06:03:00 PM »

what fonts does xbl look for? Ive been wondering that for a while.

mnm6687

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2003, 10:46:00 PM »

biggrin.gif).  This will allow the user to launch phoenix from the xbox live tab, thus not disrupting the normal boot process like the current font exploit does.

This exploit will be much more convenient for the user, allowing the ability to launch phoenix when preferred, WITHOUT THE USE OF AN AUDIO CD.  This will be a defanite fix for the clock loop, and will prove the most successful exploit out there if it is ever completed.  So if you are a programmer or know anything detailed about the source code of bert and ernie, step in and help us get this done!

PooN

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2003, 11:02:00 PM »

can i delete this post?

mnm6687

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2003, 11:09:00 PM »

QUOTE (PooN @ Aug 25 2003, 03:02 AM)
can i delete this post?

haha i don't think so, i think you can only edit it

mterlouw

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2003, 11:28:00 PM »

If I had to guess what the problem is, just going off of Phoenix Group's analysis of Bert & Ernie, is that Ernie gets loaded to a different location in memory than Bert is hooking the exception handler to. Maybe someone with a dev box and some understanding of the code in Bert can play around with some different addresses and find the new location. So then all we would need would be a new Bert (BertLive.xtf maybe) to get it working.

mnm6687

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2003, 11:41:00 PM »

i wish i knew how to program, but i'm just too damn lazy. i do have the xdk if someone knows how, but doesn't have the tools or something.  also, i know nothing about the technical aspects of the fonts, but i'd be more than glad to write a kickass tutorial and host files if someone could get this shit goin.

underthebridge

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2003, 08:23:00 AM »

I got to the point of disassembling B&E and recompiling them, but not knowing what to do to make the fix...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15