xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Xbox Live Exploit  (Read 2972 times)

evil clone

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2004, 04:09:00 PM »

bump

Blank

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2004, 06:13:00 PM »

QUOTE (achu @ Apr 26 2004, 08:19 PM)
why isnt anyone helping me mad.gif
read the first post on page 36!!!
and please help me out? blink.gif

Did you rename it properly?

luther349

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2004, 12:28:00 AM »

its possable to font expolite a live dash. being the live dash uses diffrent fonts you could easly expolite those fonts. but i dont think any of the curent font expolits will work. there for a normel dash and not live dash.

most of the softmods are so dam outdated no compantbly with the latest kernels nore the live 2.0 dash witch will soon be 3.0. i think the audio expolite could easly be upgraded but im not a coder. the guys who made these expolites needto getoff there asses and get them up2date.

well back on topicit would be something ike this.

1.click live tab.
2.load hacked live fonts. and crash the kernel.
3.load pbl
4. load new dash.

but it would need to be pretty fast and crash live befor it connects to prevent baning. also i dont think this would be to famus being it would totaly disable live and alot of use use live lol.

achu

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2004, 03:18:00 AM »

pls help i need srs help. thanks for ur replies.........
i installed font exploit, and evox runs.............but ANYTHING i sign with -font key dosent work, i dont have a network card and dont know anyone who does.........so i wanted to use -font key and run boxplorer of the cd to sort things out!!!
Also when it gets to evox the LED is blinking red (WTF??), its really weird mainly because I DONT have pbl as default.xbe on c:\, i only have evox as default.xbe!!
I cant run anything at all even games..........what can ido..............?

pls help.....

Nailed

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2004, 03:37:00 AM »

QUOTE (luther349 @ Apr 27 2004, 08:28 AM)
its possable to font expolite a live dash. being the live dash uses diffrent fonts you could easly expolite those fonts. but i dont think any of the curent font expolits will work. there for a normel dash and not live dash.

but it would need to be pretty fast and crash live befor it connects to prevent baning. also i dont think this would be to famus being it would totaly disable live and alot of use use live lol.

If the talent here (and there's a LOT of talent here) cannot develop the double dash exploit, a new Live exploit is going to be a whole lot harder.

Also, why would you need to prevent banning?  You wouldn't have a modchip running.

Nailed

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2004, 03:40:00 AM »

QUOTE (achu @ Apr 27 2004, 11:18 AM)
pls help i need srs help. thanks for ur replies.........
i installed font exploit, and evox runs.............but ANYTHING i sign with -font key dosent work, i dont have a network card and dont know anyone who does.........so i wanted to use -font key and run boxplorer of the cd to sort things out!!!
Also when it gets to evox the LED is blinking red (WTF??), its really weird mainly because I DONT have pbl as default.xbe on c:\, i only have evox as default.xbe!!
I cant run anything at all even games..........what can ido..............?

pls help.....

Your problems are not relevant to this thread.  Find another, more appropriate thread, or start your own.

luther349

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2004, 06:47:00 PM »

if you dont crash live befor it connects it would see a modded bios and ban you.

rizza

• Recovered User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2004, 11:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (luther349 @ Apr 27 2004, 09:28 AM)
i think the audio expolite could easly be upgraded but im not a coder. the guys who made these expolites needto getoff there asses and get them up2date.

No kidding, it's pretty obvious you aren't a "coder."  From what I understand, the audio exploits (and I believe the font exploits also) worked by overflowing an unchecked buffer in the dashboard's code, thus, allowing the exploit to execute its own code from the dashboard.  These buffers are now checked in the latest versions of the dash.  Thus, it is not merely a matter of "the guys" getting off their asses (as you say) and updating the exploits.  The holes (so to speak) these exploits used have been closed.  Without the key used to sign Xbox executables, there is no way to re-open them.  Now, there may be other exploitable holes, and I have no doubt people are looking for them.  However, the fact that none have been found so far is probably not a good sign.

ldots

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2004, 11:59:00 PM »

Without the key used to sign Xbox executables, there is no way to re-open them

if we had  the MS key I think I could make better use of it than editing the dashboard to "re-open" the holes and resign it. I would just sign PBL tongue.gif (or my apps/backups if my kernel wouldn't PBL).

This is why the double dash exploit was a nice idea - but it seems this thread has taken a completely different road. By replacing the xodash we will always be able to launch an exploitable version of the MS dash. In this case we could speak of upgrading the exploit (fonts), since it must be an adaption to a different memory layout that would be needed to make the font exploit tricker on this second dashboard. It's a shame Pedro stopped working on this when the Mech fonts came out. He was working at dumping the memory in different situations to make out the difference between the normal boot and the double dash boot.

Just a few small ideas :
Someone with a new kernel (5713) could try and check this. We know that this kernel does not allow a downgrade of the dash. The kernel must check dash version on boot. Would it also do this if the 4920 dash was launched as the xodash? I think yes, but you never know.

Has anyone tried to launch 4920 as the xodash and tricker the audio exploit? Will most likely not run (like the font exploit doesn't), but again - you never know. Would be a way for new xbox owners to have an alternative to game save hacks.

PedrosPad

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2004, 02:32:00 AM »

QUOTE (ldots @ Apr 29 2004, 08:59 AM)
It's a shame Pedro stopped working on this when the Mech fonts came out. He was working at dumping the memory in different situations to make out the difference between the normal boot and the double dash boot.

I stopped because direct contact with the original discovers revealed that the font exploit is more than a simple buffer overflow.  It also relies on the boot up timings. (which is why Grospolina and I weren't getting anywhere).

Put very simply, the fonts exploit has to fire before the XBOX has completed initializing it's devices (network card, DVD-Rom, etc.).  Since these are all fully spun up before you have an opportunity to choose the XBOX Live Dashboard option, the double dash idea, using the existing font exploit, is not possible.

QUOTE (ldots @ Apr 29 2004, 08:59 AM)
Has anyone tried to launch 4920 as the xodash and tricker the audio exploit? Will most likely not run (like the font exploit doesn't), but again - you never know. Would be a way for new xbox owners to have an alternative to game save hacks.

Yup - tried that.  It doesn't work sad.gif.  And since this was already useable, at user discretion, from the boot dashboard, I saw no point in making it work from an invoked second Dashboard.  I suspect that it could be made to work, as it doesn't rely on boot timings, and follow your point about this being useful to new XBOX users who can't downgrade their boot Dashboard.  However, if the latest XBOX BIOSes won't execute a boot Dashboard older than a certain version, it may also not allow the execution of an older Dashboard when executed by the XBOX Live Dashboard option. Anyone with a new XBOX, who can gain FTP access via a game save, care to try this out?

mkjones

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2004, 07:09:00 AM »

All sounds like a huge challange, but we can be sure that M$ have left some kind of 'way in' wink.gif

If only we could get that M$ signing key  tongue.gif

But really, you would think the Xbox Linux guys would have come up with some kind of new dash/kernal exploit, maybe they have? I dont check the site often smile.gif

Have to say, im loving this thread, 36 pages, really does show the kind of ideas the members can come up with!

mkjones

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2004, 02:18:00 AM »

QUOTE (luther349 @ Apr 30 2004, 10:39 PM)
the font expolite i would say thats the case.  but the audio expolite gives you a 100 sound track error i dought that has anything to do with the patches but rather the diffrent dash version confusing the expolite the same for the fonts.  the expolits are still there you would need new bios to patch then not a new dash and being the tosp is wright only in a stock xbox m$ just cant reflash your bios so the newer dashes can be broken with some work.

the expolites work couse the xbox doesent check the fonts with the rca key then it crashes the kernel and loads a unsighned program. newer dashes arnt mutch diffrent  its just the fonts crash a certen set of dashes and havent been upgraded for the new versions.  but im shure the weakness are still there.

the expolites work couse the xbox doesent check the fonts with the rca key then it crashes the kernel and loads a unsighned program. newer dashes arnt mutch diffrent its just the fonts crash a certen set of dashes and havent been upgraded for the new versions. but im shure the weakness are still there.

I see smile.gif

I guess TSOPing waill always be around wink.gif unless newer boxes change significantly tongue.gif

Whatever happend to the kernal 'downgrade' hack that was thrown around a while ago? Did that ever really work?  blink.gif  

I think it was endorsed by the same dude that made PBL 1.4.1 so I assumed he knew what he was doin  unsure.gif

krayzie

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2004, 03:01:00 AM »

Whatever happend to the kernal 'downgrade' hack that was thrown around a while ago? Did that ever really work? 

I think it was endorsed by the same dude that made PBL 1.4.1 so I assumed he knew what he was doin 

What hack was that? is that even posible without tsopping it?
Only thing I can think of was that eeprom resetting by yoshihiro t get pbl to work on 5530 kernels. Too bad we haven't heard of that anymore

mkjones

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2004, 05:51:00 AM »

QUOTE (krayzie @ May 1 2004, 12:01 PM)
What hack was that? is that even posible without tsopping it?
Only thing I can think of was that eeprom resetting by yoshihiro t get pbl to work on 5530 kernels. Too bad we haven't heard of that anymore

Yeh that was it I think unsure.gif seemed like it held some kind of promise, maybe something will come of it one day wink.gif

Its a shame insted of downgrading our dashes/kernals we cant just upgrade the hacks smile.gif

evil clone

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2004, 11:49:00 AM »

rmenhal,

sounds promicing but when i try to extract your file i get "no archives found" hope i can figure this out and try it out soon

peace

ec
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15