xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Guide To Bigger Hdd With Software Exploits Only  (Read 2733 times)

KamelRed

• Archived User
Guide To Bigger Hdd With Software Exploits Only
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2003, 10:15:00 PM »

Right now I am having problems with the F: drive on my replacement HD. I had hex edit a backup of my OEM xbox hd as a workaround using the tutorial here. And I think I might have screwed over the F: some how by doing this. It sux my orignal backup is gone so I will never have a factory HD again.

Is there a way to hex edit my F: drive back in? I think I just have to add a FATX somewhere in there to get it reckognized.

Ggggunit851

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2003, 06:48:00 AM »

rolleyes.gif Is it possible to buy one of those xbox ready harddrives online without the need of a modchip  huh.gif  ohmy.gif  blink.gif

joodje

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2003, 02:38:00 PM »

can someone please help me i managed to instaal a seagate 40 gig al works fine it boots evox and stuff but my e drive is after format 5.1 gig and i also formatted the f drive but i cant fxp any files to it and it says  that f is 129 gig free space can someone help me with this problem

Alamei

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2003, 10:42:00 AM »

I just hotswapped my XBoX HD to make a backup copy with HDD_Driver, but now I can't seem to get my new HD to be detected by HDD_Driver. I took a look at the Drive, and it appears that xhdprepa is not writing the BRFR in the appropriate slot. Does anyone know if simply writing it in manually with WinHex will work, or if I have to do something else?

Any help would be very much appreciated,

Alamei

XoKol2lVoX

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2003, 01:38:00 PM »

might be a stupid question, but i was wondering if i have an xbox with a modchip and a 120 GB hd already, can i just put the bert and ernie stuff on it and have pheonix loader on it then put it in another unmodded xbox?

or maybe what i just thought of, is the problem that i won't be able to lock the hd to the unmodded xbox?

vannguye

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2003, 06:38:00 PM »

Can anyone let me know what liveinfo is.......I could not find any infor on google for liveinfo.....

PlayingNaked

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2003, 05:51:00 AM »

I cannot get this xlinux to work. when i check /dev I do not see any hda's. I have followed the directions step by step.

Maybe my xlinux has changed some stuff? I could really use some help or the hda's are called something else in this version?

grean

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2003, 04:24:00 PM »

If you are having problems with f: drive... please state your config.  ie bios/kernel, evox ver, fonts, hdd...
It will help troubleshoot this issue.

--grean

vannguye

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2003, 01:30:00 PM »

gazbro......I've unlock my X box harddrive this week using unlockx......If you made the backup folder when you have install the Complete_Signed_PhoenixBiosLoaderV1.0....You will not be able to unlock the harddrive....The password provided is incorrect....Lucky I've made a backup of the backup folder when I install the 007 exploit...The password there is the correct one.....I don't know why the Complete_Signed_PhoenixBiosLoaderV1.0 exploit will make evox create the wrong password....I think this will help you....

gazbro

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2003, 09:31:00 AM »

nothing anymore, i got the new harddrive working.

zbandito

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2003, 01:26:00 PM »

I've got a 120GB drive locked in the xbox, and it is booting Evox via bert:reloaded and Phoenix bios loader.  I used a method similar to the method goku described -- I did a hotswap in some places where he did not, but basically I first used HDPrepar and then I used HDD-Driver by Toggg to restore the xbox backup onto the new hdd.  Then I locked the drive with the new key generated by liveinfo.  The xbox will boot ok, run phoenix, and launch evox.  The first time I did the restore, it did not load the games and applications on my e: drive.  I used evox to format my F: drive, and since I accidentally reformatted c: as well I restored the HDDDriver backup again.  This time it loaded all the information on to my e: drive (games, apps, emu, etc.).

When I try to launch anything, however, Evox just returns to the menu.  It's like the XBE aren't signed or the BIOS isn't being patched/replaced properly.  But the system boots ok, and the same files on the original HDD work to run unsigned XBE.  Any suggestions please?

Xbox v1.0, kernel 3944, Latest XboxLive dash (4977 iirc)

admx

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2003, 03:22:00 PM »

QUOTE (IntestineMan @ Jul 21 2003, 05:47 AM)
Ok I figured out why HDD Driver did not work for me.

I presumed that WinHex offsets were hex on the left side of window, but turns out they are decimal hehe. So the offset of 0x600 is really 1536. I put the BRFR there and HDD Driver found it!

I cannot get hdprep to prep a drive that HDD Driver recognizes. Maybe some systems it does not work on!?!

I have had the exact same problem, and solved it the same way.
I would like to know if there is anyone that have succeded using only hdprepa?

admx

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2003, 12:33:00 AM »

wink.gif  and i know that there is a lot of people out there trying to get there HDD recognized as a X-Box disk with xhdprepa i decided to try it with a couple of different HDDs and on two different OS Win-XP and Win2k.

As test HDDs i used:

Maxtor 120Gb ATA133 8mb cache

IBM 60GB 7200RPM ATA100 120GXP

and an old unlockable Samsung SV0432A 4.3Gb

Ok, and how did the test turnout, well i couldnt get any off these disks recognized in HDD Driver as a X-box Disk after that they had been prepared by xhdprepa, not on the XP PC or on the Win2k PC.

I tried to zeroing first 4096 and when that didnt make it i tried to Zero the  Entire drives but HDD Driver would still not recognize the disks.

Ok, time to try WinHex and edit the disks at offsett 0x600 with BRFR, and what do you know HDD Driver recognizes all three Disks after i have edited them in WinHex
even the old unlockable Samsung SV0432A 4.3Gb that i just throwed in for fun.

So my conclusion and this is only based on my own experiences, is that you must use xhdprepa and after you have used xhdprepa you must use WinHex and edit the disk at offset 0x600 and add BRFR.

This is the only way i have been able to get it to work.
biggrin.gif

deadly

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2003, 02:37:00 AM »

I did the thigs goku said and when i try to generate a key for my HDD it's generates the same key for every drive.I got every thing down but that key is what i need to get new HDD running.Is it common for liveInfo to generate the same key????

DiamondMax Plus 9 80GB ATA/133 HDD  6Y080P04

cowtipper

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2003, 10:47:00 AM »

Ive followed the instructions by grokuss in this post, which I screwed up and killed the 120 I was trying to use.

I'm now trying to put my original hd back in my box. I've write enabled, and locked it. Verified with atapwd and set to cable select.

All's I get is error 6.

It was hacked using the original reloaded fonts, then phoenix loader 1.0 with the X2 bios from "the usual sources".

Any help would be appreciated.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7