xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I'm Having Trouble Creating My Own Xbox Titles  (Read 160 times)

infidelity

• Archived User
I'm Having Trouble Creating My Own Xbox Titles
« on: May 03, 2005, 12:48:00 PM »

I have full working versions of 3ds max 7, and deep exploration. I have the SAMPLE file for 3ds max. I know how to create my own text. I've done everything that the .pdf I read says to do. But for some reason, when I try to use the .x file, the logo doesnt appear on my xbox. And I know the verticles have nothing to do with it, "unless your using FTT, but I'm not" I can't figure this out, and it's pissing me off. Can someone please help me out??? I'm running the latest ind-bios on Xecuter3 chip, with unleashx dash. Please help! I'm thinking it may have something to do with Deep Exploration? I mean, the program opens the file, and I can see my text, and I do what the pdf says, but once I upload it, nothing happens. I really hope someone can help me out!!!  :uhh:

infidelity

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 05:34:00 AM »

BUMP

infidelity

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 05:25:00 AM »

WTF! IS this shit tabboo or something?!?!? I know people out there know how to do this, cause if they didn't, we wouldn't be able to d/l any of these premade .x files, so, how about a little help here. I find this extremely hard to believe that nobody knows WTF I'm talking about! Please, help!

Klutsh

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 07:14:00 AM »

Try inverting the faces.

infidelity

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 02:32:00 PM »

I've done that already. As I said in the first post, I've done everything the .pdf told me to do. Nothing is working. Let me ask you this. When you use Deep Exploration to open your .dxf file, is your text completely straight from left to right? When I open my test file, mines diagonal from bottom to top. I've loaded up custom .x files like Mod_Inside, Nintendo, Xecuter, and all of those appear straight from left to right in Deep Exploration. Any ideas?

Here's another thing. I'm using 3ds Max 7. And in the .pdf, when it tells you to select "Export Selected" it tells you to save it as a .dxf file. I do that. And then it tells me that another window will pop up, a export selection window, and in the .pdf, it tells me to check of, "Save To Layers As BY Object" Well, that is not in my setup, I have a few different things in my window. Here's what they are.

Export Version - It's a drop down list, and I can either choose, 1-AutoCAD 2004 DXF, 2-Auto CAD 2000 DXF, or 3-AutoCAD 214 DXF.

Geometry Options - I can check/uncheck the following items, 1-Convert Instances To Blocks, 2-Skip Hidden Objects, and 3-Ignore Extrude Capping.

I leave everything default when I save it as a .dxf file. And when I open it in Deep Exploration, the file is diagonal from bottom to top.

Now, does anybody know what this means?!? I would love if someone had step by step instructions that they would share with me.

This post has been edited by infidelity: May 5 2005, 09:46 PM

PhreeZ

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 04:20:00 PM »

have you injected a cfg into the bios?  the .x files don't work once this has been done.

infidelity

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2005, 04:54:00 PM »

What do you mean by injecting? Like FTT or Kernal Basher? If so, then no I haven't. I have the Mortal Kombat Dragon Symbol replacing the main "X" logo. I made a custom .bmp to replace the MSlogo, and right now I have the "Nintendo" logo, replacing the "XBOX" logo. I know how to make the shit appear, move it around, different colors, etc, etc. My questions are pointing towards 3ds max/Deep Exploration problems. Any ideas?

This post has been edited by infidelity: May 5 2005, 11:55 PM

Klutsh

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2005, 04:54:00 PM »

infidelity:

I'll get another guide sorted ASAP, btw, it was me that wrote the PDF.

From what I can remember you need the Auto CAD 2000 DXF option.

I'll double check it as soon as I get 3DS running again. (I killed it messing with the licence export tools)

infidelity

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2005, 04:50:00 PM »

Oh man thank you! This has been driving me crazy. This isn't something I just want answers for just to use one time. This is something I want to get into, and your help is greatly appreciated. Thakn You. I anxiously await your response!

infidelity

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2005, 05:36:00 PM »

Here is my custom text
(IMG:http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/infidelity1981/1.jpg)

Here's what appears when I save it as "Exported Selected"
(IMG:http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/infidelity1981/2.jpg)

This is what appears when I open it with Deep Exploration
(IMG:http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/infidelity1981/3.jpg)

Now, see how it's backwards, if I rotate it to the other side, it's invisible, so here I am inverting it
(IMG:http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/infidelity1981/4.jpg)

Now after the invertion, the backside turned invisible, so here it is facing forward
(IMG:http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/infidelity1981/5.jpg)

Now I'm saving it as an .x file
(IMG:http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/infidelity1981/6.jpg)

Here it is as an .x file
(IMG:http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/infidelity1981/7.jpg)

Now, I know that in the .pdf it says to first save the .dxf file as an .x file, before you invert it. But even if I do it either way, my xbox will not show it. I've uploaded the file as 2 different ones, one inverted, one not. Still nothing. Anything look, sound odd now?!?

XxXDarkwraitHXxX

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2005, 06:30:00 PM »

I'm having a problem doing this also. I try to inject the .x file with kernelbasher into the 4981.06 bios. When I load it up it just appears as a distorted white line. My vertices and faces are all good. One more thing I had to do was save the file as a .3ds file instead of a .dxf file because my font wouldn't show up correctly saved as a .dxf file. Please help!!

infidelity

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2005, 07:16:00 PM »

but for my situation. I'm not injecting these into my bios. I don't need to inject these into mine. And I also don't need to worry about the verticles and faces, cause I've seen way outta this world logos available for d/l that work. Just wanted to remind you guys. Any Ideas?

This post has been edited by infidelity: May 6 2005, 02:18 AM

Klutsh

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2005, 12:29:00 PM »

Ok, Steps I took in 3DS 7.

1 Create TEXT using template.
2 Convert TEXT to Editable Mesh
3 Export to DXF, AutoCad 2004, selected Items only - Rest leave as default.
4 Open in Deepexploration.
5 Save as .X, With only Texture Coordinates, Save Normal's, Turn To Left Hand System,  Select'd, Clear all other TABS, btw Max points in polygon is set to 4.

This works fine for IND-Bios.

For Kernelbasher, invert the faces before Step 5.

infidelity

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2005, 02:43:00 PM »

For #3, what do you mean by "Selected Items Only - Rest leave as default"? Do I just leave the three checked boxes the way they are? Thanks :-)

Klutsh

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2005, 03:23:00 PM »

Yes, just leave them checked.
Also for your version of Deepexploration leave the ASCII checked too
Pages: [1] 2