xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bios 1.0-1.6  (Read 128 times)

acemilo

• Archived User
Bios 1.0-1.6
« on: March 06, 2005, 06:49:00 PM »

Wow talk about wrong info!  Evox bioses are merely patched ms bioses used to bypass the securities ms puts in.  The 1.6 bios had to be written by ms to support the new video chip (xcaliber or xyclops I forget which is the bios and which is the video), so all evox did was patch it and release it.  Xecutor on the other hand actually unpacks and hacks the bios to do what they want, not merely patching the stock one.  Thats why the xecutor bioses are more stable.  Unfortunately they haven't gotten the video working for the 1.6 yet (they build from the ground up not).

lordvader129

• Archived User
Bios 1.0-1.6
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2005, 06:50:00 PM »

the 1.6 retail bios does not have support for the older video encoders (and similarly the older reatail biso do not have support for the new video encoder)

since th eretail bios is th ebasis for all hacked bios it could not be done without EXTENSIVE hacking

G0t M4xx 21

• Archived User
Bios 1.0-1.6
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2005, 09:56:00 PM »

but evox has a bfm bios that works in 1.0-1.6 (included in ltools 1.7.5 and others)

But, whats the point for asking in the tsop forum when you can flash a 1.6 anyways?

Pizza Pizz

• Archived User
Bios 1.0-1.6
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2005, 10:34:00 PM »

True = the 1.6 m8 bfm isn't really a bfm bios and "can" work on all xbox's they say

It has the added feature of Live barring like 4981 has but some say it perhaps should not be used on older mobo's or with caution.........

It was never really designed to be released on older mobo's but what some peeps have tried and some say it works fine
Others say don't use it as hardware differences are vast between the 1.6 & older mobo's

Now if there was a truly all version bios then would of thought evox would of released it by now

Remember this comes from the softmod area and it usually goes that the exploits normally let ya use a 4981 type bios on older mobo's and offer you the m8 choice on 1.6's

there was a very very early leaked release of the evox m8 bios that was very beta and could damage 1.6's - think a certain modchip manufacture leaked this out and caused a bit of bitching - but there was a big warning from evox about using the leaked m8 beta bios.

Not wishing to put the fear of god into anyone but if you use the m8 bfm bios on mod/tsop then you do so at your own risk
quite possible it may be ok as many have reported but for the moment I'm sticking with the tried n tested bios's that were made/recomended for my older mobo's

Trevante

• Archived User
Bios 1.0-1.6
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2005, 12:42:00 AM »

Now if there was a truly all version bios then would of thought evox would of released it by now

For modchips and tsop's there isn't because of the hardware initialization process (I think), or simply for the reasons LordVader stated.

there was a very very early leaked release of the evox m8 bios that was very beta and could damage 1.6's - think a certain modchip manufacture leaked this out and caused a bit of bitching - but there was a big warning from evox about using the leaked m8 beta bios.

It was hamptitampti of the SmartXX team (I think that's how you spell his name). I did read a few posts on their forum from people who wanted money to buy a new Xbox because the beta M8 fried their shit.

Not wishing to put the fear of god into anyone but if you use the m8 bfm bios on mod/tsop then you do so at your own risk
quite possible it may be ok as many have reported but for the moment I'm sticking with the tried n tested bios's that were made/recomended for my older mobo's

Yea, that sounds like the best thing to do. For older mobo's the M8 BFM doesn't have any features that aren't available in other bioses, plus the older ones are easier to edit, so it would just be better to stick with those. For 1.6's, well most modchips have multiple banks so you can flash the official M8 to one bank, and then the BFM M8 to another just in case it doesn't work for some reason.

jameswalter

• Archived User
Bios 1.0-1.6
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2005, 04:38:00 PM »

I thought that MS changed the bios RC4 key so that the 1.6 bios had to be encrypted differently than the 1.0-1.5 bioses.

lordvader129

• Archived User
Bios 1.0-1.6
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2005, 06:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(jameswalter @ Mar 7 2005, 04:44 PM)
I thought that MS changed the bios RC4 key so that the 1.6 bios had to be encrypted differently than the 1.0-1.5 bioses.