xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: M8plus V1.6 Igr  (Read 70 times)

nortnil

• Archived User
M8plus V1.6 Igr
« on: January 25, 2005, 11:05:00 PM »

I installed a Xecuter 2.6 on a firend of mine's v1.6 xbox a while ago.  Then I heard that you can actually have an IGR if you use the m8 plus bios.  So I downloaded a copy off of xbins and made it a 1024k image and flashed it.  However, I can't seem to get the IGR to work.  It's Ltrigger + Rtrigger + Back + Start right?

If not can someone please tell me what it is because it is driving me up the wall that it isn't working.  Is there something else that I needed to do to it to make it work?  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

nortnil

bucko

• Recovered User
M8plus V1.6 Igr
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 03:12:00 AM »

nortnil

• Archived User
M8plus V1.6 Igr
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 10:28:00 PM »

I've read the evoxtool guide before and it doesn't seem to help.  I thought that the plus bios was supposed to be already patched so I didn't even need the tool.

I also tried both triggers + back and black and that didn't work either.

And yes I did flash using flashX but didn't put the cromwell bios on banks 1 and 2 just due to time constraints while I was trying to get things working.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

nortnil

• Archived User
M8plus V1.6 Igr
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 02:40:00 AM »

I thought that since it was the plus bios it would already be patched w/LBA48 and IGR. However, I decided to test the regular m8plus (non v.16) w/my X3.  So I loaded one that hadn't been touched to one bank and another than I had opened w/evoxtool and removed the logo form and then resaved.  

The original one showed my F drive as only 129gb and that it was completely empty.  Also, the IGR didn't work.

The one I opened and resaved showed all of my games and it had a working IGR.  

Could it my headache of just been caused due to missnamed files on xbins?  Or did I just miss something?

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
M8plus V1.6 Igr
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2005, 02:44:00 AM »

No the plus does not have igr enabled but just opening and saving in evtool enables it as well as lba48 support.

nortnil

• Archived User
M8plus V1.6 Igr
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2005, 07:06:00 PM »

Thank you,

For some reason I thought that the plus version was pre-enabled with both of those things.  I thought that is what made it the plus.  I have gotten it working now.  Thanks for the help.

nortnil

• Archived User
M8plus V1.6 Igr
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2005, 01:43:00 AM »

Well I thought I had it working.  I was able to get the regular M8 working on my box, but when I did the same thing w/the v1.6 and flashed it to my friends box it didn't work.  Anyone have any ideas.  I just open it in evox tool and then save it again and it should be patched w/IGR and LBA48 right?

Also, another problem I'm having is that when I open and resave and try to use the bios my F drive goes away.  Is this because it was partitioned w/the old m8 w/o LBA48?

Thanks in advance for any help.