xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cannot Load Save - Splinter Cell  (Read 81 times)

VISTREL

• Archived User
Cannot Load Save - Splinter Cell
« on: May 11, 2006, 03:03:00 PM »

I have Splinter Cell (not chaos theory nor pandora). I loaded up Krayzie_SC-NTSC_Ndure_Installer_v1.1.rar to my action replay then transferred to xbox hd. When I run the game I dont see any options to load game. Help plz.

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 03:31:00 PM »

You don't put the .rar file in the Memory Card. Unrar the files and inside there will be 2 saves in .zip format. Both are called "udata.zip", you can only transfer one at a time. Once you have them loaded to memory from the M$ dash then you can run SC and then select the "linux" profile.

VISTREL

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 03:38:00 PM »

Perry326

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 01:13:00 PM »

I think you actually got that wrong, cereal. Action replay needs the rar files to be transferred, it unpacks them while copying.  And i don't think that's the problem here.

In splintercell, you can see the linux boot as a profile, not as a savegame.

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 01:41:00 PM »

Action Replay takes .zip files not .rar

southqc

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 07:59:00 AM »

I need some help please guys......

I have loaded both zipped folders (using Ndure 1.1) and when I "run linux" (start game), Unleashx flashes for a second, then I think it loads but the screen is black.  I think it loads because I can hear menu navigation using the controller (blindly due to the black screen).

Please help!  Thank you!

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 08:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(southqc @ May 16 2006, 03:59 PM) *

I need some help please guys......

I have loaded both zipped folders (using Ndure 1.1) and when I "run linux" (start game), Unleashx flashes for a second, then I think it loads but the screen is black.  I think it loads because I can hear menu navigation using the controller (blindly due to the black screen).

Please help!  Thank you!

delete all other sc saves first

southqc

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 08:48:00 AM »

shame on me for not providing more info, sorry about that...and thanks for the attention Krayzie...

-have followed your instructions (deleting other sc games etc)
-using Action replay with crappy memory card, (likely corrupting saves as you indicated in tut?)

Is there an inexpensive alternative to using a smaller gamesave (assuming MA is smaller?)

thanks again

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 08:57:00 AM »

you could try using a small evox only SC gamesave to gain ftp acces. Once you have that it's just a mather of replacing the gamesave via ftp. This way you have no chance of corruption

southqc

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 10:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(krayzie @ May 16 2006, 10:57 AM) *

you could try using a small evox only SC gamesave to gain ftp acces. Once you have that it's just a mather of replacing the gamesave via ftp. This way you have no chance of corruption

Can't seem to find a list of procedures on that........too easy?  maybe that's why I can't figure it out....

I even tried using ndure 1.1.1 by upgrading on pc first via your instructions...... I think ftp is my only hope before buying an M$ mc.

This post has been edited by southqc: May 16 2006, 05:04 PM

southqc

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 02:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(krayzie @ May 16 2006, 10:57 AM) *

thanks for the great advice....
  used "small evox" and  I have ftp access.... now I'm a bit nervous.  I saw some posts instructing to delete everything in C: and e: ......is that necessary?  i figured i could replace the folder I just loaded the "small evox" with pc upgraded ndure 1.1.1 (folder has exact same name, well number)

folder happens to be E:\UDATA\21585554

the bottom line of my babbling is I thought the goal is to just transfer your wonderful installer files to the corresponding folder on E:

southqc

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2006, 06:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(southqc @ May 16 2006, 04:00 PM) *

thanks for the great advice....
  used "small evox" and  I have ftp access.... now I'm a bit nervous.  I saw some posts instructing to delete everything in C: and e: ......is that necessary?  i figured i could replace the folder I just loaded the "small evox" with pc upgraded ndure 1.1.1 (folder has exact same name, well number)

folder happens to be E:\UDATA\21585554

the bottom line of my babbling is I thought the goal is to just transfer your wonderful installer files to the corresponding folder on E:

ok, figured this mess out....I don't think there was anything wrong with the action replay....ftp softmod using ndure successful (had to carry 19" crt/xbox down to basement where router, network setup are to connect since no wireless adapter for xbox yet... all this trouble possibly for nothing......After softmod, connected xbox back to a/v setup (via component video/optical audio to receiver etc) and I discovered the component video error, all because 1080i was still enabled in MS Dash....memorized sequence in unleashx menu to access MS Dash to disable 1080i and all is well.....except no 1080i

...guess I learned alot