xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Modchip Bios Works, Ms_bios Doesn't  (Read 64 times)

joemccrackin

• Archived User
Modchip Bios Works, Ms_bios Doesn't
« on: January 15, 2005, 02:35:00 AM »

blink.gif  WTF!!???

AnY help is greatly appreciated.

tarheelsnipe

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 01:57:00 PM »

check your C: drive and make sure xboxdash.xbe is in there.

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 12:13:00 AM »

what error code is your xbox giving? also, perhaps try locking the drive using config magic instead of evox and see if that does the trick.

tommyam

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 11:57:00 AM »

Alright, my bad (I think) When using evox to lock/unlock the drive, this is what happens...

When the drive says locked (in evox): turn the chip off, boots to stock bios, gets error message "13 - Service required, Call customer support"

When the drive says unlocked (in evox): turn the chip off, boots to stock bios, gets error message "5 - Service required, Call customer support"

Both boot to the MSdash from the chip being on so my previous post is just plain wrong, I thought if it was  unlocked, it would never boot to the stock bios even when the chip was on

tommyam

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2005, 12:24:00 PM »

OK, both evox and config magic, when locking, unlocking the drive give 1 of 2 error messages when trying to boot to the msdash with the chip OFF...

When the drive is locked (when locking fom evox and/or config magic): turn the chip off, boots to stock bios, gets error message "13 - Service required, Call customer support"

When the drive is unlocked (when unlocking from evox and/or config magic): turn the chip off, boots to stock bios, gets error message "5 - Service required, Call customer support"

I'm off to search for those two error message but any kind soul please post what I'm doing wrong (in case i come up empty on my searches)

thx -

tommyam

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2005, 03:21:00 PM »

This is what I've gathered:

13 is the dash failed to load

5 is when the dash failed because of an unlocked HD

My situation is this:

1.6 xbox, 200gb seagate, Locked hard drive, duox mod chip, 512k meetoo live disabled m8 bios 1.4.1, chip is disable by using the eject button; green animation runs, then error 13... C drive has all the stock files:

Audio (folder)
Fonts (folder)
xboxdashdata.1012a700 (folder)
xodash (folder)
xboxdash.xbe (file 1.56mb)
msdash.xbe (I copied and renamed xboxdash.xbe just in case the bios only recongizes the older file name)

That is all that is on C...

Why is it failing to load the stock bios when the mod chip is off? and how can i fix this? this is my buddies xbox (i have a perfectly running 1.0 xbox with an applex chip) and we want to get him on live.. since his xbox has never been on live, I was going to try it with the large hd and sign him up with a trial live account

Please, your input is appreciated!

tommyam

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2005, 11:06:00 PM »

One bump for my last post ^^^^ please, any suggestions? thx

msevild

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2005, 01:13:00 AM »

smile.gif ).  This worked for me and now I can boot with mod chip off and access live and the original dash with no problems.   Hope this info helps u out.
PS. If you put in new HD and used some sort of program to prepare ur new drive this should work perfectly since you would need to update through live neway.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Above done with X3 and M8 16 bios on a 1.6 box that was error 13 with mod off(xecuter bios lock u out of live option)