xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: M8plus_16 Bios - No Audio/video - Fixed  (Read 134 times)

smokeingit

• Archived User
M8plus_16 Bios - No Audio/video - Fixed
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2004, 11:35:00 AM »

QUOTE (cwispy @ Dec 6 2004, 09:51 AM)
Have you tried just the M8+ not 1.6 bios? Ive been finding that its working perfectly on the 1.6's with the newer versions of the XT chips. Dont know why, but if i flash the chips to any of the other bios around the video problem pops up. Ive been trying to come across a reason for this, but i simply cant explain why this version is working in the 1.6 and the others are not.

cwispy

DONT DO THIS... In 2 weeks you will have a dead xbox.

Xconsole

• Archived User
M8plus_16 Bios - No Audio/video - Fixed
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2004, 12:49:00 AM »

QUOTE (Krs @ Dec 6 2004, 07:59 PM)
Aaargh it's still the same... so far I've tried M8, M8+,M8_1.6, M8+1.6, Yoshihiro-m8-1.6B-Memory-Fixe-Beta4 seems like there's no more choices for me :-(((

My box is Crystal, date 2004-09-08, samsung ram, samsung-toshiba dvd. Aladdin XT installed. It is booting one out of five times. Once it boots I can turn it off and on over and over again and it is going to boot without a problems 100/100 times, but once I leave it turned off for more than 2 minutes - I am going to get the booting problems again.

help  sad.gif

Your problems sounds a lot more like a chip-hardware-install issue.

I have had a few rather weird problems on some of my earlier XT-1.6-installs, before I got the hang of it.

I remember one of the first ones, wich was very troublesome. It would start, no problem. But if you turned it off, it would not start again, unless you waited for a while. It was very weird, and sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. It could be on for quite a while, and then not start again.

The problem was resolved by refining the LPC-rebuild. Making the wires as short as possible, and also making sure that the BT-line was not broken in any way.

That install had the BT-wire itself get slightly broken in the bend when the chip was turned and puched into the pinheader. The bad conection that resulted in was nothing the chip liked.
Probably the heat would make the bad connection get worse, and therefore, the chip would not get BT-signal properly on the next start, and frag.

Also, if you have used flux (or in many cases, even if you didn't) when soldering the wires, be sure to clean it off, either with alcohol or some sort of flux-clene. Use a small brush if needed (like one you use when you bake cinnamon rolls to paint the egg on them while they are in the oven). Make sure you allow it to dry out properly.
Also remember to clean the area on the front where the L1 and BT is soldered. If there is a lot of flux residues there, it can give rather weird behavour to the box on/off/reset-things.

Recap:
Check LPC-rebuild.
Check BT-line not damaged.
Check no flux or other gunk on the board.

This may or may not be what is wrong with your box, but I din't think it would hurt to check.
Pages: 1 [2]