xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Usb Key Problems  (Read 54 times)

2r4z0r2

• Archived User
Usb Key Problems
« on: May 02, 2005, 04:46:00 AM »

i can get game saves to the memory key with ar but then i cannot copy the saves over to the hdd and i probably need to to have softmodding to work...what can i do? i have tried 3-4 different memory keys...tnx <

Zaii

• Archived User
Usb Key Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 06:04:00 AM »

Not sure, but I probably have a similar problem, I purchased a female USB thingy from eBay, put the softmod splintersave on the memory stick, Xbox won't detect the USB stick when I've connected it in. I go to "Memory" and there should be another option for your removable storage device. <

badgerman

• Archived User
Usb Key Problems
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 09:46:00 AM »

Zaii - If you've managed to put the exploits onto the memory stick, then it should get recognised.  Did you make sure you had formatted it using the xbox before adding the exploits?  They can sometimes take a few goes to recognised.  Try 1) starting up with the key in, and 2) removing the key and putting it in again on the memory screen.

2r4z0r2 - When you go to the memory screen, is your memory stick accessible? If it is, then a common mistake is that you must go to the save you wish to copy across (highlight the game, e.g. Splinter Cell) then hit right before pressing A.  This will then give the option of copying, instead of just "delete".

Check here for a compatibility list... but it's in no way complete.  My Leadtek key worked fine with the female adaptor.  Here's a more detailed guide that worked for me. Hope some of this helps.

This post has been edited by badgerman: May 5 2005, 04:48 PM <

preetkk

• Archived User
Usb Key Problems
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005, 02:33:00 AM »

do this work - turn xbox on. plug usb key fob in. enter the memory tab and click the left thumbstick to the left and the press x.

:P

This post has been edited by preetkk: May 7 2005, 09:34 AM <