xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Most Of My Games Stopped Working... Any Idea's?  (Read 29 times)

azza100

• Archived User
Most Of My Games Stopped Working... Any Idea's?
« on: September 29, 2004, 09:47:00 AM »

The other day most of my xbox games on HD stopped working, seemingly for no reason.

Every game that i want to play doesn't work anymore but crash nitrocart still works.

So far i've flashed the bios to M7( intro changed so the flash worked) and deleted everything from e\cache, x:\, y:\ and z:\

Still nothing though, can someone give me a hand?

other info:

xbox hangs during evox "loading" picture
xbver 1.4 or 1.5
alladin advance + chip
latest evox version

Cheers
AzzA

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2004, 11:11:00 AM »

What size is your hard drive? If you don't have a G drive please use the .06 or rest to F option. Look at X2 4983.06 for a nice and stable bios also try Evox M8 (not the M8_16 version!).

But I may fear the worst, your hard drive could be on the way out, I would try and reformat your hard drive using Evox dash (such as Slayers 2.6, slayer.xbox-scene.com ~ remember to backup game saves/other files) and see if that helps.  

azza100

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2004, 09:00:00 PM »

Thanks for the reply bucko.
The HD is a 120 western digital and I put the x2 4983.06 bios on this morning to check, but there's no change still

I guess formatting would be the next step yeah... though i  think it might still be screwy because while trying to get my latest game going again i've coppied it from a separate scource several times to a few different places, but the result is the same

i'll give it a try though

Psilocybe

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2004, 09:16:00 PM »

the hdd isn't the problem
try checking your clock, it is more than likely some odd ass year like 2843 or something
then if you are using evox disable igr, rdtools, and tsr tools so that it has a less likely chance of happening to you again, or better yet, get a different dash

Gi0

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2004, 06:02:00 AM »

I have the same specs and prob no game or app or emulator no nothing loads. Always freezez in the loading screen. The only thing diferent maybe is that the games or app or any shait im trying to load(even boxplorer) WORKS SOMETIME?!?!!? And yes ive even switched harddrive, to the original hard drive that has another dash(dunno wich). I have to games that fit in that little hd and the  prob is the same. DOSNT LOAD BUT SOME TIMES, WITH NO EXPLAINATION AT ALLLL, EVERY THING LOAD PEEEERFECTLY! Is the box playing trix with me?? <_<  Some one must have a desent answer out there PLEASE!