xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Solid Red Light  (Read 85 times)

-CoL-

• Archived User
Solid Red Light
« on: September 14, 2004, 08:03:00 PM »

Hey, i recently flashed my xbox to the M8 bios, and now when i have the modchip on, the "eject" light turns solid red, and stays like that, from what i saw, it seemed like everything was normal, and everything worked, and when i turned the modchip off the light turned solid green.

I reflashed to 4983.06, and it went back to green light all the time, so i think its not overheating or any loose wire.. is this normal, i think it is, but just checking?

whats the explanation?

thanks

p.d  i searched but couldnt find anything on red lights that related to this, it was just flashing red lights

p.d2,  i was wondering, i couldnt see any big difference between the m8 and 4983, is there any?

QuimbyDogg

• Archived User
Solid Red Light
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 08:56:00 PM »

It is possible you have an edited BIOS with a change to make the light red on purpose while it is running.

The 4983 bios will not work with xbtools so those will all be standard LED colors which would explain why it is then green for you.

I am not sure about differences between m8 and x2.  I was always a huge fan of the X2 though and never had any issues.  Today I slapped on the ind-bios and I really love how configurable it is--I am probably going to be sticking with that for awhile.

This post has been edited by QuimbyDogg: Sep 15 2004, 03:58 AM

B0N3D

• Archived User
Solid Red Light
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 07:11:00 AM »

late reply but this kinda freaked me out too ..
I have a 2.6 Solderless that works great .. no problems.

Xbox v1.4/1.5
4983.06 BIOS
80GB HD

When I go into the Avalaunch dash, the eject light turns solid red, everything still works .. Is this just a cool feature?

Arakon

• Archived User
Solid Red Light
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2004, 09:08:00 AM »

avalaunch has a setting for LED color too. normally it's set to be green and switching to red when it's busy (launching an app, for example).. go through the settings or xml and you'll find it.

--DANNY--

• Archived User
Solid Red Light
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2004, 05:20:00 PM »

Do you have a 1.0 mobo? I remember reading somewhere that the M8 bios is not compatible with v1.1 and maybe v1.2 mobo's.