xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Flubber Text Took  (Read 220 times)

nimbles

• Archived User
Flubber Text Took
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2004, 05:06:00 PM »

wicked!! it worked with DE2! thanks guys for all your help!

now i need to find the actual font that they use for xbmc- or is it possible to use a logo in png format?

think there is one in the logo pack- (black writing on white background- i'm sure it can be made transparent)

clogicgmather

• Archived User
Flubber Text Took
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2004, 05:37:00 PM »

How do you "convert the TEXT object into an EDITABLE MESH". Im using version 6.
ynwa right click and select CONVERT>>TO EDITABLE MESH

Guy

nimbles

• Archived User
Flubber Text Took
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2004, 06:33:00 PM »

sad.gif

PID

• Archived User
Flubber Text Took
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2004, 08:59:00 PM »

For those people looking to make their 3ds files a certain amount of verticies:

Convert your text to an editable mesh (already described here)

Then apply an optimise modifier (Max 6 only I think, but not sure)

Then use the lower field in the rollout of optimse until the bottom numbers in the panel meet your requirements (for some objects you will need a high number to see any change). I'm in work atm, but I can provide a more detailed explanation if needed once I get in.

Using optimise you can always get the amount of vertex you want on any shape, note that it will change your shape if it is too complex to start with.

Also note you can skip the invert faces if you apply a normal modifier in max too (flip normals)

nimbles

• Archived User
Flubber Text Took
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2004, 03:50:00 AM »

smile.gif

PID your help got the Vertices down

I've uploaded the .x file and a shit preview vid of the boot sequence onto here- and put a very basic tut for those who just want to use an existing .x file (e.g. not creating their own)- if there are any mistakes with what i've written or if you want me to put the thank you's in bold, or you feel i've missed someone out please say so

I was gonna put it on the xbmc forum too but wanted to make sure it was ok with you guys first.

If it meets your standards feel free to include the .x file in the templates from now on.

Thanks guys

ynwa

• Archived User
Flubber Text Took
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2004, 04:11:00 AM »

Ive been playing with the software in work here and it loads up into FTT fine so i will give it a try tonight when i get home. Thanks for the help Guy.

I have a Blue X logo on my Bios already, and putting my text in blue. If i want the animation blue do i just change all the other settings in FTT from green to blue aswell?

clogicgmather

• Archived User
Flubber Text Took
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2004, 04:15:00 AM »

yup

Klutsh

• Archived User
Flubber Text Took
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2004, 04:54:00 PM »

Just like to inform you that the Flubber Text Tool, Flubber Tool, & XBTC Official website has moved to:

www.kernelbase.com

We would also like to issue an apology to all our users as it seems our previous host did not like our site and very kindly deleted it without warning.

Thanks
Klutsh
(It's pronounced "Clutch")
Pages: 1 [2]