xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fan Speed questions  (Read 169 times)

Psilocybe

• Archived User
Fan Speed questions
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2004, 11:10:00 PM »

Where do people get this shit? 4983 isn't encrypted. The only copy protection Xecuter released was program to verify that you have an unedited copy. The only reason you can't edit it is support was never added to XBtool by NghtShd. That's it. If NghtShd had the desire we could probably edit it tomorrow.

no, this is just wrong on many levels, the KERNEL of the bios is DEFINATELY encrypted, no ifs ands or buts about it

programs (dashes) that will patch the fan speed do effect the fan speed while in that program only IF you have edited the bios with xbtool, this is because the bios gains prescidence over the dash while not in the dash itself, however if you leave it untouched (don't use xbtool or similar fan speed adjuster) then the dash will in most cases remain in control over the fan speed
that is basicly what i believe heinrich was getting at, so sorry if it just sounded like i reworded, i didn't fully read what he had posted until after i wrote all that

Tmpj

• Archived User
Fan Speed questions
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2004, 06:36:00 PM »

Has anyone succeeded in changing the fan speed on the Xecuter2 4983 bios with a Hex editor?

heinrich

• Archived User
Fan Speed questions
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2004, 06:58:00 PM »

QUOTE (Tmpj @ Jul 20 2004, 10:39 PM)
Has anyone succeeded in changing the fan speed on the Xecuter2 4983 bios with a Hex editor?

*sigh*

Tmpj

• Archived User
Fan Speed questions
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2004, 07:27:00 PM »

QUOTE (heinrich @ Jul 21 2004, 03:01 AM)
*sigh*

Sorry, just got home from a party and was a little drunk.
Pages: 1 [2]