xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Embedding Eeprom Onto Bios  (Read 58 times)

thanhuy

• Archived User
Embedding Eeprom Onto Bios
« on: July 14, 2004, 08:44:00 PM »

I have a mobo that I bought, it flashes red.  This I assume is an eeprom problem.  Since I don't know how to fix the eeprom, I thought that I can use xbtool to embedd eeprom onto bios.  So, this is what I did.  Placed a known good eeprom into 'patch data' folder and opened up xbtool.  Opened up evoxM7_ef, clicked on embed eeprom flag, and saved file.  I flashed my 2.2 pro with the newly created bios file.  Installed chip onto flashing red mobo and started her up.  Still got flashing red.  So, my question is, did I do anything wrong?  To embed an eeprom, is that all you do is click on that flag?  Please, no response about checking solder points.

I made another attempt of fixing the eeprom by flashing it with cromwell.  I made the disk and tested on my working mobo.  It flashed the eeprom and I checked it with config magic and the eeprom did change.  So, I tried this method on the flashing red mobo and I only get up to the cromwell screen that says eeprom flashed successfully.  But, it didn't actually flash the eeprom like the first one because the first good working mobo had a flashing eeprom icon.  The broken mobo did have the flashing eeprom icon so I knew it didn't do it correctly.  

Ok..sorry it was so long, but these are the two attempts of fixing the eeprom.  Anyone know what I'm doing wrong.  Or any other suggestions on a fix.  To be specific, the xbox boots up one green and then infinite flashing red.  Thanks in advance for any advice.