xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Better Than The Flubber...  (Read 156 times)

AE6689

• Archived User
Better Than The Flubber...
« on: July 14, 2004, 09:12:00 PM »

Ok first please don't use that font or whatever its kind of hard to read.  wink.gif

And now about the flubber.  The flubber is actually a mathematical sequence genrated each time at boot.  Basically its just a bunch of mathematical equations.  As of right now no one has been able to put their own intro in becuase then the bios's would be 2 or 3 megs at least.  You can probably change some values and change the flubbers shape.  (Like Complex did before they dissapeared off the face of planet earth)   Basically editing the flubbers color is about all your going to be able to do as of right now.  The only way I will ever see our own intro videos is if the bios plays some file off the xbox's hard drive.  (However, this would be kind of hard because during the flubber is when the hardware, including hard drive, is being initialized.)  The only thing I can tell you would be to try out UnleashX or MXM (I know at least one of them can do this) They can play a video when your xbox first goes to the dash.  Turn off your ani and the logo and tehn enable this.

heinrich

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2004, 09:58:00 PM »

read
pinned
topcs

ie: "Bios Modding Faq"

angelfly

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2004, 11:09:00 PM »

QUOTE (coe_dRuMMeRbOi07 @ Jul 15 2004, 06:50 AM)
ohh yeah... duh. i forgot about that. however, that only removes the anim. how about the logo... thats not included under xbtool

that can't be removed

dzv

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 01:22:00 AM »

QUOTE (angelfly @ Jul 15 2004, 06:09 PM)
that can't be removed

Sure it can.  If you want a completely blank startup, then uncheck 'Animation', 'Trademark Symbol', 'X Logo', and 'Splash Logo'

mrcmax

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004, 10:05:00 AM »

that is possible, but what about evolution x...thats my preferred dash, and it's drummerboi's too...(dont ask, we live around each other)...any other suggestions?

i have my own idea...what if you replace the evoxdash.xbe with a new evoxdash.xbe that will play a video, and then when it's done, then it redirects you to the real evoxdash? i would do this, but im not that handy in making xbe's

ncaissie

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2004, 12:58:00 PM »

QUOTE (xmotoracerx8989 @ Jul 16 2004, 09:50 PM)
yea ive been tryin this for a while too....i have unleashX on my box...but im not sure how to play a video on startup...does any 1 know how?

<IntroMovie>intro.xmv</IntroMovie>

modman2020

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2004, 02:23:00 PM »

o really im interested too...wats that ...wat do i do with it and where do i find it

CrakkedOut

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2004, 03:54:00 PM »

its prolly in the .ini file..........just do a search for that tag

Rwolf

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2004, 06:19:00 PM »

in unleashx go to your skin folder and put in <intromovie>yourvideohere.xmv</intromovie> somewhere in there ((mines right before <filemanager>)) if you change ur skin you have to update the skin.xml again

82ross

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2004, 10:31:00 AM »

QUOTE (coe_dRuMMeRbOi07 @ Jul 15 2004, 05:55 AM)
ok, ok... so ive changed the colors, changed the flubber, edited the text, etc., etc. now i think its time to be able to make my own intro to replace the boring old flubber... then i mite actually enjoy sitting thru the beginning of turning on my box. if anybody could help me... i would apreciate it a hell of a lot... just for reference... i have x2 with 4891... and i also use hex workshop, only because its the best. so if anybody could help me please let me know how to do this... thanks

To do a true amination replacement you would have to:

learn and be very good with directx (difficult)

obtain the ms bios source code (illegal)

understand the current rendering system, animation, etc (boring)

design and make (program) your own intro with raw direct x (varyingly difficult)

compile this new bios that lacks everything modern bios' have (nearly there)

compare a untouched anim bios with your new amin bios and if your lucky come up with a way of transferring the new data across to a modern bios using hex workshop

easy peasy lemon squeezy

dzv

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2004, 10:48:00 PM »

smile.gif  During the blank screen, the BIOS is doing all the inits and whatever else it has to do.  That's one of the reasons why MS uses an intro video, to give you something to watch while the BIOS does its stuff.

Psilocybe

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2004, 11:31:00 PM »

the bios does infact initialize the system, it initalizes everything it needs to from the cpu to the gpu and everything in between, loads into the ram, and when the "MS" logo appears it means that the hdd has finally initialized (actually just barely before that the hdd is funtional) the bios intro matches the almost exact time taht it takes to actually load everything up

Psilocybe

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2004, 02:24:00 AM »

no, it takes time for the hdd to initialize, you aren't gonna get an instant boot
can you instaboot with your pc? hell even hybernate doesn't boot that fast

nimbles

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2004, 05:44:00 AM »

Animation: Flubber
Trademark: the TM sign to right of the Xbox logo
Xbox logo: The Xboc Sign (this is acually done by making it black)
Splash Logo: Is the MS or Xecutioner2 (depending on what bios you are using) sign that comes up in white under the Xbox sign

heinrich

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2004, 02:08:00 PM »

QUOTE (coe_dRuMMeRbOi07 @ Jul 18 2004, 05:12 AM)
yeah i already knew that... but i was wondering if there is a way to make the hdd boot up first, bc then it would play the dash intro vid while everything else is still booting up... so how can this be done?

think about that, really think about that - how do you plan on playing a movie in the hard drive, before the hard drive is initialized?  That is what takes all the time, initializing and spinning up the hard drive.
Pages: [1] 2