xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: 256k Debug Bios  (Read 648 times)

rob1309

• Recovered User
256k Debug Bios
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2004, 09:06:00 PM »

smile.gif

ViNCe_V

• Archived User
256k Debug Bios
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2004, 07:15:00 AM »

QUOTE (Yoshihiro @ Jun 20 2004, 01:15 AM)
Halo work now with debug dash i need test  other games smile.gif

one video of halo :

Halo on xbox debug

HOLY F*CKING SHIT!!!!!

That's the sweetest thing i've ever seen. I LOVE YOU, you guys are gods...hehe

love.gif  love.gif  beerchug.gif  beerchug.gif  love.gif  love.gif

[EDIT]
Hm....you didn't use the movie capture to produce that video (since it has sound). Does that video just mean halo works with the debug bios now. Or, that it can have screenshots taken too?
[/EDIT]

rob1309

• Recovered User
256k Debug Bios
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2004, 07:55:00 AM »

damn man calm down
you'll never be able to record halo video with sound or even record video at playable framerate cuz xbox just isn't good enough
that vid wasn't debug recorded, just recorded using debug bios obviously so don't get your hopes up bout making your own series of red vs blue hehe

ViNCe_V

• Archived User
256k Debug Bios
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2004, 07:57:00 AM »

wink.gif That's too much work for me...

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
256k Debug Bios
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2004, 08:05:00 AM »

QUOTE (Lysip @ Jun 18 2004, 11:02 PM)
damnit, They dont work with halo.  Thats the only reason i wanted it. but no, halo still wont boot. im just pissed now. God there has to be away to get it to work.  And you know those douch bag that have the debug halo and wont make a PPF or something so everbody can share the love. Im gona go cry... sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif

hey motherfucker watch your mouth. I'm not sharing it with anyone because you can't run it anyways... it gives you the same black screen as you get with the current version you're trying to run.(when trying to run on retail xbox- patched to debug or not) also the xbe isn't the same size as the original version so you can't make a ppf. so keep crying until yoshi hooks you up bitch.
also I think the reason you can't take screeny's while the retail halo is loaded is because it's library's contain nodebug. so it removes all debug features from memory before launching. Yoshi apparently has a fix for this.

rob1309

• Recovered User
256k Debug Bios
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2004, 08:23:00 PM »

heh well i just noticed not all debug features working with other debug bios atm either so the 256k one is probably fine
odd than i can still take screens and use xbox neighborhood though
i'm not even sure if it's worth messing with to use the other features again
i have no clue as to what happened....unless i disabled a service that the sdk uses

fff

• Archived User
256k Debug Bios
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2004, 11:50:00 PM »

Well, rob1309, I've tried the video capture once again and it worked for me...
Could everybody test this and give me their results?
Yosh keeps on working on this bios, don't matter!

rob1309

• Recovered User
256k Debug Bios
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2004, 01:54:00 PM »

dry.gif

ViNCe_V

• Archived User
256k Debug Bios
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2004, 01:10:00 AM »

biggrin.gif . All videos are available at the bottom.

On a side note - when capturing in 1/4 video size mode, there is no slow down in a game. When capturing in full screen, however, a great deal of slow down occurs. Transferring from xbox to pc also takes a long time (not to mention encoding, or even saving as uncompressed). This is not relevant to the bios, as it occurs on both bios's I tried. 1/2 video size results in a noticeable slow down in a video game, but is still playable. Reading from the xbox and encoding is also MUCH faster than full screen. The video quality also is good (imo anyway, you can judge for yourself below)

Once again, it doesn't work on Halo. But it should work for all other games...

BTW...My settings for the Movie Capture tool were:
  • 1/4 Size
  • 16 bpp
  • Cache frames on Xbox hard disk
  • Advanced Options - Minimum time between captured frames: 0

GueuX - Psi Ops (3.7MB file)
GueuX - Psi Ops - FULL SCREEN (3.5MB file)
GueuX - Ninja Gaiden (3.2MB file)
GueuX - Ninja Gaiden - FULL SCREEN (4.2MB file)
GueuX - Ninja Gaiden - HALF (½) SCREEN (3.1MB file)

Unless otherwise stated, all videos used the settings mentioned above. They were exported from Movie Capture in uncompressed format and then re-encoded with Windows Movie Maker, with similar settings (but not the same).

Hope this helps  beerchug.gif

Lysip

• Archived User
256k Debug Bios
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2004, 12:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (BCfosheezy @ Jun 20 2004, 05:05 PM)
hey motherfucker watch your mouth. I'm not sharing it with anyone because you can't run it anyways... it gives you the same black screen as you get with the current version you're trying to run.(when trying to run on retail xbox- patched to debug or not) also the xbe isn't the same size as the original version so you can't make a ppf. so keep crying until yoshi hooks you up bitch.
also I think the reason you can't take screeny's while the retail halo is loaded is because it's library's contain nodebug. so it removes all debug features from memory before launching. Yoshi apparently has a fix for this.

Calm down, "motherfucker" is very nice... Dude are you so rich little boy that his daddy work for MS? he hooked you up huh??? well anyway its still a sign to the scene about you hideing useful things from everbody. just because "it gives you the same black screen as you get with the current version you're trying to run" it could still help everybody out it would be a neat thing for everybody instead of just your self. so my guess is you work for MS and thos are pic from them or your rich lil daddy hokked you up. or you dont have it. you found the pics and your fooling everbody... goodluck wink.gif

rob1309

• Recovered User
256k Debug Bios
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2004, 02:45:00 PM »

smile.gif

EDIT: btw, only thing keeping me from using this as default bios again is that i had problems launching apps i use to flash my 256k chip so have to flash using external programmer and my chip has switches installed so it's not exactly fun to do
all i really want is for it to launch evox 100% each time cuz that's what i prefer for flashing

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
256k Debug Bios
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2004, 05:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (Lysip @ Jun 22 2004, 03:46 PM)
Calm down, "motherfucker" is very nice... Dude are you so rich little boy that his daddy work for MS? he hooked you up huh??? well anyway its still a sign to the scene about you hideing useful things from everbody. just because "it gives you the same black screen as you get with the current version you're trying to run" it could still help everybody out it would be a neat thing for everybody instead of just your self. so my guess is you work for MS and thos are pic from them or your rich lil daddy hokked you up. or you dont have it. you found the pics and your fooling everbody... goodluck wink.gif

you're wrong on all counts and it's obvious that you're a jealous fool. Try not to make yourself look any more ignorant than you already have. So you don't have the debug version of halo and you never will and I do... so what? get over it junior.

Edit: also, how could it be a neat thing for everyone if only the people that have real debug kits can run it? I explained this to you but you obviously are not intelligent enough to comprehend. This is in no way useful to you or anyone else. It's merely a neat little toy... one of which you are not privelidged enough to have.

Edit: and further more, just to rub it in your face and make you feel that much dumber... go ahead and tell me what you'd like me to take a screencap of in halo. I'd be glad to do it and post it for all to see how truly stupid you are.

rob1309

• Recovered User
256k Debug Bios
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2004, 05:50:00 PM »

smile.gif

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
256k Debug Bios
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2004, 06:10:00 PM »

QUOTE (rob1309 @ Jun 22 2004, 08:50 PM)
lysip, he actually does have a real debug kit
i know from someone who knows him smile.gif