xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 4983.67  (Read 31 times)

nathansurls

• Archived User
« on: May 17, 2004, 04:15:00 AM »

I used to have m7 and I could easily swap out my 120gb drive and my original drive when they were either locked or unlocked. I have 4983.67 now and I tried placing a different drive in there and put an installer disc in, it gave me error 7. Thats a timeout and it was in a different screen, not the usual black and green screen, but something that looked similar but probably the bios is loading first and not allowing the cd to load first. Basically this drive I have has become corrupt for whatever reason and it needs formatting, is there anyway to get an install disc to load first with this bios and ignore the hard drive so I can reformat and reinstall and relock it with the key, which I do have. Better yet, is there a way to just delete the hard drive using PC, I tried with MacPassword to unlock but it lied. After that I tried loading my installer disk with my drive and then swapping, but of course, that did not work either. Please help, this is really bugging me because I can't find anyway around this except maybe a tsop or getting a chip for the box that belongs to this corrupt drive.

This post has been edited by nathansurls: May 17 2004, 01:00 PM

Tmpj

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 12:10:00 PM »

Its the boot order in the bios thats not set correct, you can use Xbtool to check that it attempts to boot from the DVD first, and then reflash the modchip or whatever the bios is flashed on.