xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: V1.6 Xbox Modding Problem  (Read 63 times)

freimi

• Archived User
V1.6 Xbox Modding Problem
« on: October 24, 2004, 11:07:00 AM »

So I tried to mod my friend's v1.6 xbox with this tutorial: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?sho...l=1\.6+pal

And here's what happened:
At first I copied the drive c and e to my computer, after making the backup from drive c.Everything went well until it was time to install UDE2, it didn't ask which biosloader or bios I would like to use, I only got to choose which dash to use. I don't know if this really matters or not, but when trying to start which ever game error 21 occured and I thought there was problem with wrong dashversion of .xip files. And i tried to add update.xbe from my own modded v1.4 xbox to ltools package and re-mod my friend's xbox. Before that I changed the region back to 04 and restored c-drive. Then new try with modding. And again problems with UDE2 install, only this time I got this error that disk would be read-only. Then I did the absolute mistake(or so I think), I forgot to change the xberegion back to 04 and when i tried to restore c-drive it gave me all these errors of disk being read-only and that it couldn't find the original update.xbe(i don't remember this all so well, but i try my best). And finally I decided just to copy the c and e drives, which I copied at the beginning to my computer, back to xbox via ftp. After copying was done i booted the xbox and got to MS Dash. I thought to give a one last try to mod the so far unmoddable xbox and inserted Splinter Cell and error message appeared saying something like "Non valid region DVD". And now the dashboard version is 5960.01.

Now, I really would like to now is there _anything_ to do?
And does that mean that the xbox is now region 01 with video mode PAL?

eh.

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 02:12:00 PM »

I think "read only" errors occur if the login user wasn't "root" :uhh: and it sure sounds like you've changed and left the eeprom as region 1.  Do you know anyone with an exploitable MechAssault disc you could borrow (as it works with regions 1 and 4) eh?

freimi

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 03:02:00 PM »

I thought so too, about those read-only problems that is, but I tried to re-login several times and still it whined that...or now that I think about it I'm not so sure if I was or wasn't root.

Unfortunatelly I don't know anyone who owns MechAssault, but since it was me who caused this I'd better start looking for one.

And thanks a lot, I sure am relieved that there still might be a chance to fix this problem.

OliG

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 05:41:00 PM »

Try and beg borrow or rent a copy of MA, you should have no problems as long as it's an exploitable version.

If you do use MA think about getting hold of the UXE LTOOLS 1.8 as you won't need to worry about changing the region to use the UXE exploit. Plus now we have PBL-Meetoo, M8 Bios and UXE things are a bit different. The UXE LTOOLS Installer is just about finished testing so it might be worth waiting a few days and keeping tabs on things.

Good luck!!! I know what it feels like when you screw up someone else's box and you have to tell em. :o  I'm sure you'll fix it, your not lost yet. :D

OliG

This post has been edited by OliG on Oct 25 2004, 12:53 AM

freimi

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 01:48:00 AM »

Great, thanks!

I'll wait for the new Ltools and get a copy of exploitable MA somewhere.

Yeah, especially the telling part was quite awkward. ;)
Lucky me my friend just said "I don't care even if you blow up the whole damn box". :D It's just the feeling of quilt that I wanna get it fixed ^^