xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbtool For X2 4983  (Read 76 times)

waltlove

• Archived User
Xbtool For X2 4983
« on: April 13, 2004, 09:03:00 AM »

I thought I remember reading somewhere on the scene that there will not be a new XBtool till the X3 bios came out...? Is this true... not trying to rush production just wanted to know since I usually wait to use a Bios till I can edit it with the tool. I love it an really want to try the 4983 Bios...  

g-sas

• Archived User
Xbtool For X2 4983
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 02:31:00 PM »

Most likely there will be no update to xbtool for this bios. the bios contains xecuter 3 code and is encrypted. we have to wait for a tool from teamxecuter.

KingViper

• Archived User
Xbtool For X2 4983
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 07:13:00 PM »

If you read the news on xbox-scene.com it looks as though an X3 modchip will allow you to edit the bios on the fly.  Color, flubber, pretty much everything.  Now I'm not so happy I bought my SmartXX lol.

KingViper

ACoolT5

• Archived User
Xbtool For X2 4983
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 09:50:00 PM »

That would be so lame if they require you to use the chip to modify things like color and location of XBE files. I was going to buy an X3 anyway, but it would piss me off to no end if I had just bought a 4th generation chip just to have Xecuter disable funtionality from everyone else. Of course my opinion is moot the second they release a free PC tool to do this.

Aside from that, the X3 is looking mighty fine. Still, I'd like to get a few more miles out of my ::ahem:: Matrix chip.

This post has been edited by ACoolT5: Apr 14 2004, 04:51 AM

BloodyMary

• Archived User
Xbtool For X2 4983
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2004, 12:23:00 AM »

QUOTE (ACoolT5 @ Apr 14 2004, 01:43 AM)
That would be so lame if they require you to use the chip to modify things like color and location of XBE files. I was going to buy an X3 anyway, but it would piss me off to no end if I had just bought a 4th generation chip just to have Xecuter disable funtionality from everyone else. Of course my opinion is moot the second they release a free PC tool to do this.

Aside from that, the X3 is looking mighty fine. Still, I'd like to get a few more miles out of my ::ahem:: Matrix chip.

Well, there's quite honestly nothing stopping you from using x2 4981 and xbtool... ya see... there's not really hardly any difference with x2 4981 and x2 4983... at least nothing different that you can't simply even out with xbtool and 4981...

Team Xecutor is probably going to get majorly flamed for releasing the 4983 BIOS and releasing it encyrpted...  however, they have said that they were working with nightshd on helping to make xbtool compatible with the encryption, so it would support 4983, that is if nightshd was capable and willing to do so, guess we'll just have to wait and see on that...  Since Team Xecutor's 4983 bios is derived from a MS bios... it's really not their work to share.. and them releasing it encrypted (as if their protecting something that's all their own work) is really pretty lame... However at the same time, I'm very greatful to them for releasing modified bioses at all...

ACoolT5

• Archived User
Xbtool For X2 4983
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2004, 06:50:00 AM »

QUOTE (BloodyMary @ Apr 14 2004, 09:16 AM)
Well, there's quite honestly nothing stopping you from using x2 4981 and xbtool... ya see... there's not really hardly any difference with x2 4981 and x2 4983... at least nothing different that you can't simply even out with xbtool and 4981...

Well, I have a Matrix, and I don't believe that 4981 has the functionality to disable its "No Reset on Eject." I need that in order to switch my mod chip off. That is my only complaint.

I guess I'll just wait for the software to come out since it looks as if they are activley trying to get a tool out there to work.

BloodyMary

• Archived User
Xbtool For X2 4983
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2004, 07:55:00 AM »

QUOTE (ACoolT5 @ Apr 14 2004, 10:43 AM)
Well, I have a Matrix, and I don't believe that 4981 has the functionality to disable its "No Reset on Eject." I need that in order to switch my mod chip off. That is my only complaint.

I guess I'll just wait for the software to come out since it looks as if they are activley trying to get a tool out there to work.

Well.. like I said in my post... using x24981 and xbtool.. you can do what you want... and it works great...

EDIT: Meaning.. yes you can turn on/off the 'No Reset on Eject'

This post has been edited by BloodyMary: Apr 14 2004, 03:02 PM