xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Flubber And Sound Hacks.  (Read 1193 times)

zinkoxyde

• Archived User
Flubber And Sound Hacks.
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2004, 03:53:00 PM »

QUOTE (Pillzburydoofus @ Apr 9 2004, 07:41 PM)
Correction:  Complex sucessfully modded the bios flubber to spell out the word "Complex"  but quickly discontinued this project and never released any information on it.  I don't remember the links, but somewhere in this forum if you search, you can find links to startup pictures with the Complex Flubber mod.

I know Complex was working on it.  But they stopped, and what good are pictures (I have the video actualy).  Now I am working on it, unless they see fit to give out their notes.  It is pretty shitty to keep all the information to themselfs and not release it, especialy if they don't plan on ever doing anything with it again.  I don't mind, I am happy enough to go ahead and learn to do it myself if no one wants to help.  laugh.gif I don't care all that much about recognition of my work in the scene, I am doing this for myself.  If someone wants to use it, cool, I don't concider my work to be different from anyone elses here.  I gave out a few offsets, do with them what you will.  Like I said, I am going to keep working, but if someone beats me to the punch, so much the better, means I don't need to keep working on it smile.gif
Feel free to jump in Team Complex if you wanna help us out.   tongue.gif

Pillzburydoofus

• Archived User
Flubber And Sound Hacks.
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2004, 08:56:00 PM »

I totally agree.  I wish I could edit the flubber mod, but the top of my priority list right now is getting a debug bios with gdrive support.  Do you think you could do this?  Read my post here:  http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=196543

DJLotus

• Archived User
Flubber And Sound Hacks.
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2004, 06:45:00 PM »

QUOTE (zinkoxyde @ Apr 9 2004, 03:31 AM)
Heya folks!  Good news,  As 82ross and I thought, the sounds are layered.  I sucessfuly edited the sound that is played in the opening without even the use of a hex editor.  I'll post sounds and methods when I get things figured out.  In the mean time, keep working on it.  I might miss something  biggrin.gif

Here is the semi finished product in MP3 format:
Cow Moo Bios Start  
I just replaced the rushing sound as heard above with the cow clip in the AIM95 directory.  Sounds like the Xbox is doing realtime deforms of the clip.  Still trying to figure out how to change the rest and maybe change the order of clips.

are you going to possibly come up with a tutorial for this? i kinda understand how you did it, but not entirely. or maybe you could at least send me a little quick yet straightforward mini tut until you get all the bugs worked out? cuz i really like this idea. and i wanna be able to do, but dont know how

zinkoxyde

• Archived User
Flubber And Sound Hacks.
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2004, 07:52:00 PM »

smile.gif
It's the FP representation of Pi reversed (Pi is actualy 40 49 0F DB).  I have found the following neat offsets:

69C20
6A45C <-- Initial camara position? (Click for video)
6A478

6A4E0
6A4E4
6A4E8
6A4EC

6AB84
6AD44
6AD64
6AD78
6AF6C
6AF8C
6B0B4

They are all the occurances of Pi in the middle of the Kernel.  I changed them to 1.0 (3F800000) and reversed it (0000803F) and got some interesting side effects when I booted (video to follow as soon as I get some more figured out. At this point, you guys might as well just wait for me to finish the Flubber hack, because I have made more interesting progress there then the Audio hack.  I'll produce a Tut when I figure things out, and we can laugh because we've been waiting for at least 8 months for Complex.  I realise there are more important things they are working on, but someone released a method of changing the color of the flubber, the graphic seems slightly more interesting don't you?

zinkoxyde

• Archived User
Flubber And Sound Hacks.
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2004, 05:23:00 PM »

unsure.gif

I have been able to completely remove the boot sound, and I have mapped all locations for the sound banks, but I am more interested in changing the flubber at the moment.  I have the offsets for the logos verts and indices, but I can't figure out what format they are in, as they don't have the same DWord format that the pixel shaders do.  Anyone know how to read a compressed vert/indice pair in and get floats out?  This DirectX stuff is starting to give me a head ache.

To get the source code I am working with (not really useable to compile with, but gives you all the binary/asm code you could ever want)  and you have the XDK, run 'dumpbin.exe /symbols /disasm xboxkrnl.exe > out.hex'.  You get a nice 12 meg file with variable names and such.  The offsets are all wrong (because its a debug bios as far as I can tell, but you can cross reference the hex with a hex editor to find the right offsets.)

PLEASE HELP!  huh.gif

82ross

• Archived User
Flubber And Sound Hacks.
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2004, 06:15:00 PM »

sad.gif

zinkoxyde

• Archived User
Flubber And Sound Hacks.
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2004, 06:30:00 PM »

QUOTE (82ross @ Apr 15 2004, 03:15 AM)
I think a lot of people are intrested in your work but the level of ASM and D3D experience needed to be of any use is beyond them (inc. me). sad.gif

Hehe, no probs.  I had a major break through tonight!  I can now controll the camera (Team Xecuter has anounced this to be included with their new bios, but you can do it now! )  The camera was easy enough to figure out once I looked at it.  All it is, is a list of points on a tweened path  wink.gif  I'll post a vid once I can write a nice demo  cool.gif

zinkoxyde

• Archived User
Flubber And Sound Hacks.
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2004, 02:13:00 PM »

Okay, you guys tell me if you think this is a good idea.  I don't think I can fit a ~8 second clip of audio in the 256kb Kernel, so I was thinking of building a patch that reads higher in the rom space, meaning you would flash your low bank with the bios and high bank with the sound clip.  Not sure if this is even possible yet, but I have completely removed the original boot sound, and I just need to figure out the MIDI/DirectSound MS used to do pitch bending and timing, and create a pointer to some place in memory that I can stick a sound clip...  I also have figured out how to remove the 'XBOX' text on the boot logo screen if anyone is interested.  I'm not able to change it as of yet, because I don't know how the Indices and Verticies are stored (they don't seem to be floats?)  but nulling them out seems to work just fine.  It may take a little while before I can write a BIOS tool,  because while it is pretty easy for me to HEX edit the crap out of a file, it might prove a little less trivial to me to write something that can do it automagicly.  I'll keep ya posted.

DJLotus

• Archived User
Flubber And Sound Hacks.
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2004, 09:12:00 PM »

pulling the xbox logo deal out of there is pretty cool ina actuality, because if you cam figure out how to change it, then you'll be able to modify the bootscreen just like the windows xp bootscreens. and i think that your little video having to do with the camera angle is (in my opinion) pretty cool.

DJLotus

• Archived User
Flubber And Sound Hacks.
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2004, 01:23:00 PM »

ok then, say, if somebody knew the hex address for the flubber, from beginning to end, could they extract it and attempt to open it in a 3d modelling program? cuz that, my friend, would be awesome. and what are these "useless" things that your internal version of xbtool can do?  even the useless things can be fun. and on that note, xbtool is an awesome program.

heinrich

• Archived User
Flubber And Sound Hacks.
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2004, 03:29:00 PM »

laugh.gif
nice

Pillzburydoofus

• Archived User
Flubber And Sound Hacks.
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2004, 04:15:00 PM »

tongue.gif

DJLotus

• Archived User
Flubber And Sound Hacks.
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2004, 04:56:00 PM »

well then, that makes it just a bit harder doesnt it? maybe somebody will be able to figure it out. and wrecked x does sound pretty damn cool, no matter how useless. if you really want to think about, making custom startup x's and changing the led color is kinda useless in a way as well

82ross

• Archived User
Flubber And Sound Hacks.
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2004, 05:47:00 PM »

tongue.gif Maybe it turned the camera away from the whole thing to point me looking to a void. Or maybe i just had too many tweaks all at the same time and i fudged one!

The flubber itself is made up of a outer shell and several inner blobs which moves through/in and out of the shell creating the flubber "waves" you see. Maybe complex took control of the balls shape and movement and thats what they used to spell complex, hiding everything else they didnt need. I doubt that though because from what i can remember the model complex used throbbed exactly like the outer shell does.

If you want to change the size of the "balls" just change the float at 0x2DDC.

To be able to see them clearly you can flatten a dimension/scale (preferably Z) of the outershell in the portion where you change the colour of the flubber.

EG
CODE
0x5D9B3                 mov     dword ptr [ecx+4Ch], 3E19999Ah; // Blob B Value
0x5D9D6                 fstp      dword ptr [ecx+68h]; // Blob Scale Z

In hex swap the 4C with 68 and then change the 3E19999A float to about 0.002 to flatten the Z scale. Ill check all this tommorrow, its 5am and im too tired to double check things now.

zinkoxyde

• Archived User
Flubber And Sound Hacks.
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2004, 07:23:00 PM »

QUOTE (82ross @ Apr 17 2004, 02:47 AM)
The flubber itself is made up of a outer shell and several inner blobs which moves through/in and out of the shell creating the flubber "waves" you see. Maybe complex took control of the balls shape and movement and thats what they used to spell complex, hiding everything else they didnt need. I doubt that though because from what i can remember the model complex used throbbed exactly like the outer shell does.

That was my thought too.  I've been playing with the "XBOX" text, and gotten some wild results, but nothing too useable just yet.  The slightest change radicly changes the scene.  So I am getting a little confused.  blink.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13