xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Retail Bios On Modchip  (Read 42 times)

DJLotus

• Archived User
Retail Bios On Modchip
« on: March 05, 2004, 07:23:00 PM »

i've always wondered what'd happen if i flashed a retial bio to my modchip and trid to get on live! ? would it work or ban me or what?

lookformeb

• Archived User
Retail Bios On Modchip
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 10:50:00 PM »

Live checks for altered BIOS'... so no, you wouldn't get banned.

DJLotus

• Archived User
Retail Bios On Modchip
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2004, 09:19:00 AM »

i needed to know becuz i had a bad tsop experience (shudders) and until i have it fixed, i have to use a x2.2 pro that i got from a guy. so i wanted to know if i'd get banned or whatnot for using the retail bios from a chip if i wanted to go on live
the originals can be cut down to 256k right or only 512? thanks for the help from you guys

DJLotus

• Archived User
Retail Bios On Modchip
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2004, 05:09:00 PM »

ok i gave it a test try and it all seemed to work ok, but i have this one problem. How come when i try to flash one of the banks with either the original, or the tsop matrix bios, none of the other banks boot up? they just frag. and one other ? i used biosscan to scan a 256k image of an original 4034 bios, and it says 4034 original (or enigmahX/eliteX).  can i safely assume that if i found one these bioses (enigmahX/eliteX) would it let me on live? because appareantly they have the same MD5 cheksum. once again, any help is appreciated

DJLotus

• Archived User
Retail Bios On Modchip
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2004, 10:26:00 AM »

what bios was it exactly? and i have a ver 1.0 xbox

thanks

DJLotus

• Archived User
Retail Bios On Modchip
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2004, 06:29:00 PM »

you can either read the kernel number (usually a 4 digit number on the board near or on the tsop) or to find the bios you have, use the bioschecker program.