xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Thc Does It Again! Another Xbox First :)  (Read 786 times)

Xbox-Savage

• Archived User
Thc Does It Again! Another Xbox First :)
« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2004, 04:03:00 PM »

rolleyes.gif  the bios is 98% theres still green in it.

edit: theres something wrong with the bios , i tried to open it with xbtool and it said unkown kernel , so i unpacked it , hex edited the kernel so it looks for evoxdash.xbe on partition6 (was looking for partition2) , i flashed it and still goes to xboxdash.xbe , i reflashed the chip with original X2 4981 and goes to my THC dash , i extracted the bios from my bios folder and checked the kernel it says Partition6 to look evoxdash.xbe , but is not going to evoxdash.xbe , is going to xboxdash.xbe.

JbOnE

• Archived User
« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2004, 05:39:00 PM »

smile.gif hopefully tonight the last glow will be dealt with - it's now 99% blue lol - always something has to be a pain smile.gif

Xbox-Savage

• Archived User
« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2004, 06:38:00 PM »

QUOTE (JbOnE @ Mar 5 2004, 11:39 PM)
of course xbtool is gonna say unknown - the kernel has been edited - checksum doesn't match any known ones. it's is a 4981.06 set to boot to xselect, evoxdash, xboxdash. if you are going to try any color other than blue, have a g partition, or simply want to mod a different bios - just do the logo color mods in xbtool then unpack it and edit the xboxkrnl.img to do the rest of the color mods. i found more position/scale values which i'll add to idb comments as well smile.gif hopefully tonight the last glow will be dealt with - it's now 99% blue lol - always something has to be a pain smile.gif

im not talking about the color.

edited the krnl to look for evoxdash.xbe on "F" , if i flash my chip the same way that it is it will obviously go to evoxdash.xbe or xboxdash.xbe on "C" , i edited the krnl so it can look for evoxdash.xbe on "F" but is still going to xboxdash.xbe on "C" even if i edited the knrl to look evoxdash.xbe first on "F"

this is how i have it.

\Device\CdRom0\default.xbe..\Device\Harddisk0\Partition6\avalaunch.xbe..\Device\Harddisk0\Partition6\evoxdash.xbe...\Device\Harddisk0\Partition6\mxmdash.xbe....\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2\xboxdash.xbe

but it still goes for xboxdash.xbe when i have evoxdash.xbe (THC dash xbe) on F

Xbox-Savage

• Archived User
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2004, 07:17:00 PM »

QUOTE (NghtShd @ Mar 6 2004, 12:54 AM)
Xbox-Savage,

JbOnE's BIOS was edited by XBtool before he added his stuff, so the dash loading function has been replaced completely by XBtool's. You probably just edited the original strings and not the new 128 byte ones.

Anyway, it's a moot point because I just released an update which will recognize then flubber mods, so you should be able to edit it in XBtool now.

ok i found some bugs, this was after using the new Xbtool.

Xbtool saw it , i changed the boot sequence like this
C : evoxdash.xbe
E : evoxdash.xbe
F : evoxdash.xbe

1. when i flashed it , it worked great , after like an hour , when i turned it off and turned it on again it keep going to xboxdash.xbe , from there it sometimes goes to the evoxdash.xbe , i know is the bios cause i have two bios , the normal X2 4981.06 , when i use it , it always goes to evoxdash.xbe , but the hacked one only goes sometimes.

2. sometimes it starts without video.

dont know if is only me , but that is what happened to me with those bios.

duudfromnorway

• Archived User
« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2004, 01:10:00 PM »

was just wondering.... is it possible to change// edit the flubber sound??

Ben999_

• Archived User
« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2004, 01:50:00 PM »

QUOTE (duudfromnorway @ Mar 6 2004, 06:10 PM)
was just wondering.... is it possible to change// edit the flubber sound??

Whoa that would be sweet. Custom music during startup.  tongue.gif

fiqqq

• Archived User
« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2004, 02:18:00 PM »

so now wouldnt it be really easy to upgrade xbtool to make theses values user editable?

meth2cal

• Archived User
« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2004, 02:43:00 PM »

i opened the img file ...that xbtool created and found the hex addres in hex workshop........read jbones txt file to try and change colors myself.......but can someone please post a few requests to hex edit this bitch
first of all a red flubber screen......just like the entire royal blue one j bone released
next......a white and baby blue start up screen.....like the north carolina tar heels.
and how about a dark blue start up screen.....dark navy.......please post the hex changes .........pleaseeeeeeee

JbOnE

• Archived User
« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2004, 06:41:00 PM »

smile.gif the last glow was finally found with a big hand from Voltaic smile.gif altering the final shade won't be doable till everything is worked into xbtool - so for now i moved it offscreen where you never see it. a workaround - but problem solved for now (till i go after the camera path hehe). i'm gonna put together a few other colors premade, then make sure it all finds it's way to that place smile.gif if anyone really wants to help: an ase file util would be usefull. it would have to take raw vertices, etc... as input and create an ase file out of it so it can be edited, etc... then back to raw info from an ase.then the real fun can start biggrin.gif
pm me here or in #xboxdash on efnet for that...
pEAcE
JbOnE

Gibby 117

• Archived User
« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2004, 06:42:00 PM »

so when is the little bit of green going to be removed?

JbOnE

• Archived User
« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2004, 07:40:00 PM »

tongue.gif

$eEnN|i

• Archived User
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2004, 10:52:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

funy

• Archived User
« Reply #102 on: March 07, 2004, 01:06:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

player1

• Archived User
« Reply #103 on: March 07, 2004, 01:13:00 AM »

QUOTE (JbOnE @ Mar 7 2004, 04:41 AM)
6 days after the first blob mod we finally tracked down all the colors smile.gif the last glow was finally found with a big hand from Voltaic smile.gif altering the final shade won't be doable till everything is worked into xbtool - so for now i moved it offscreen where you never see it. a workaround - but problem solved for now (till i go after the camera path hehe). i'm gonna put together a few other colors premade, then make sure it all finds it's way to that place smile.gif if anyone really wants to help: an ase file util would be usefull. it would have to take raw vertices, etc... as input and create an ase file out of it so it can be edited, etc... then back to raw info from an ase.then the real fun can start biggrin.gif
pm me here or in #xboxdash on efnet for that...
pEAcE
JbOnE

Well done to all , I have the bios from xbins running and it certainly looks impressive . smile.gif    Looking forward to the release of more colours.

Klatu

• Archived User
« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2004, 09:08:00 AM »

i can't wait to get home from work and try this shit!!!!

JbOnE you OWN!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9