xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Flashed With Evox 3.6 And Now Xbox Wont Start  (Read 64 times)

ryn1727

• Archived User
Flashed With Evox 3.6 And Now Xbox Wont Start
« on: February 23, 2004, 03:23:00 PM »

alright i have a blue easybuy chameleon that came pre flashed with cromwell 2.27 bios. I flashed it useing a dvd-rw and i flashed a bios my friend gave me, Evox 3.6. It said flashing to bank 0 and the xbox shut off like one of the online guides said it would, so i turned it back on and now all that happens is that it shuts off twice and then the 3rd time it just stays on and the cd tray flashes green and red. Ive checked the other banks and they all do the same thing too, so i was wondering if it was a bad flash or what, and is there nething i can do before i give up and order a programmer? Is it possiable to flash it without a programmer or the cromwell bios(im pretty sure theres not but its just a shot in the dark)

ComputerDude5565

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2004, 03:28:00 PM »

Not to sure why your useing those bios but I would reccomend 4981.06, mabe those bios are bad.

rahula

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2004, 03:36:00 PM »

It was an old bios you are loading. Just simply use M7 or one of the evox 4981.06. Since you said system shut off by itself after flashing means you got flash correctly. What size are you using 1MB,512,256 etc. check the size of the bank and make sure you put same size of bios.  

ryn1727

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2004, 03:59:00 PM »

im usein 256, if it flashed correctly y cant i get it started up again?

rahula

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2004, 04:05:00 PM »

when it start, you see cromwell or evox 3.6?  are you using any high defination AV cable? try flashing 1MB bios instead. Also use latest bios.  

ryn1727

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2004, 05:28:00 PM »

i get no video and it turns off 3 times and then blinks red and green- bad bios???

ComputerDude5565

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2004, 06:50:00 PM »

There are two resons why you get a frag (on off on off on red green).  The chip is nod solderd properly or something to do with that and the next is no or bad bios.  You sed that you tried to flash it when you had the Cromwell screen.  So I doubt it is the solder that is why  I bet it is the bios.