xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ma Hack Stopped Working  (Read 70 times)

gigemboy

• Archived User
Ma Hack Stopped Working
« on: August 07, 2004, 01:46:00 PM »

Using the MexhAssault gamesave exploit in order to ftp to my XBox. However, now the exploit is somehow not functioning anymore. This happened before I was able to rename my original XBox Dashboard. Now, when XBox boots, gets the black screen with green letters, saying it needs to be serviced. Games still boot, however I am not able to run the mechassault exploit, when I choose it the game starts chopping up the audio and the screen flickers, and no EVox menu. I cant redo the gamesave hack, because i cant get to the original dash to transfer the save to my hard drive. Is there any other way I can possibly get ftp access again or restore my original settings? I have backups of all my data on my PC, but can't transfer them any way since no ftp access. Any ways to boot straight from CD or DVD? Please help!!

RiceCake

• Archived User
Ma Hack Stopped Working
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 05:10:00 PM »

Hotswap time...

gigemboy

• Archived User
Ma Hack Stopped Working
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2004, 07:23:00 PM »

Theres a tutorial for a no-modchip HDD replacement @ http://www.xbox-scene.org/articles/no-modchip-hdd-swap.php . There is a point where it creates a backup image of the existing hard drive in order to place it back on the new hard drive, so Im wondering if there is a way to modify the image to include the proper files, and then just put it back on the same hard drive? Can anyone see this as possible?? All I really need to do is rename my old xbox dash file to xboxdash.xbe, and if anyone knows of any other way to do it, please help :)

This post has been edited by gigemboy on Aug 8 2004, 02:30 AM

xechoxx

• Archived User
Ma Hack Stopped Working
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2004, 07:44:00 PM »

If you've read through that tutorial, and have the necessary information to unlock your HDD and create an image (mainly your eeprom.bin or whatever its called), then you may as well run xboxhdm and rebuild it and install UDE before even putting it in your box! I was going to use that tutorial to replace my hard drive but found xboxhdm way easier!

gigemboy

• Archived User
Ma Hack Stopped Working
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2004, 07:51:00 PM »

Went to xbins, didn't find xboxhdm. Where can I get it?

Jayz05

• Archived User
Ma Hack Stopped Working
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 03:46:00 AM »

I have the exact same problem. Is there any other way than hotswapping? (Splinter cell or 007) I have an xbox mem card.

Jayz05

• Archived User
Ma Hack Stopped Working
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004, 03:49:00 AM »

I have a modded xbox to redo the gamesave and put in on a mem card I just dont want to go rent SC or 007 till I know if it will work.

Exzir

• Archived User
Ma Hack Stopped Working
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2004, 05:46:00 PM »

Hey I wonder if you try to go live and it updates your msdashboard if that will fix it.  Otherwise check and see if there is a ms disk that will install the new dash on the xbox via a xbox live disc.  I know that sometimes it will upgrade a dash or reintall it possibly.  Not sure about this as you may know but it might be worth a shot.