xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Live Auto Update Overwrite Boot  (Read 50 times)

The Juggler

• Archived User
Xbox Live Auto Update Overwrite Boot
« on: January 05, 2004, 07:54:00 AM »

That's a hard question to answer without more information.  

How did you access Evox with your modded xbox?  Is it chipped or softmodded?  

I doubt MotoGP overwrote your bios, so it must have just updated your dashboard.  If you were using the font hacks or audio hacks, the dash update could have 'fixed' those.  

You might need to use the MA or 007AUF gamesave exploit to get back into your xbox and restore your old dashboard files.

Aceboy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2004, 02:13:00 PM »

Well
i have a aladdin chip installed, and Evox installed too

My only real concern is, if i make a new boot disk for Evox would the version compatibility be a problem?

My boot sequence is DVD then HD so it should be okay if i make a disk... trying that today.

Joshua Wood

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2004, 05:04:00 PM »

Nah, your evox boot cd is confined to the cd only, so a different version won't cause any issues with the version on your hdd.

djdafreund

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2004, 08:24:00 PM »

Well, one good thing about this is that is doesn't screw up anything but the main dashboard. (IE-all yours saves, emu's, music files, video's are still there.) My friend had the same thing happen to him the other day when i put my Star Wars/Tetris CD in his machine from my newly purchased XBox, and his (modded) machine no longer seemed to boot his EVO-X frontend program anymore. 1st response (Ahh F*CK!!!!!!, Don't tell me it deleted everything on my system and screwed everything!!!!) After burning a EVO-X disc again (threw old one away since wasn't needed after initial install.) and putting back on it, and going into the FTP program, we noticed everything was still there. He told me today he figured out a way around that, so when you Boot up the machine with an XBox Live! update (thank God no more planned updates from here and on!!!!) It will upate the Live! stuff but yet your changed dashboard will still load just fine. That's good hope for the scene. It might not be new news at this point, but in either event, it's nothing to worry about in your case. A little hell is expected to go through, but it is temp. and there is a good fix for future happenings.

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2004, 08:37:00 PM »

This just isn't with Moto GP. It is with ALL Live games that use Live. It installs Live on your HD. Just boot your EvolutionX CD, and change the names of XBEs.

xboxdash.xbe, rename to msxboxdash.xbe
Upload EvolutionX back to your HD.

This is nothing new, and surpised this topic is this long..

Aceboy

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2004, 03:40:00 AM »

i managed to fix it- was pretty easy
1. load the evox cd
2. ftp so you can connect the files
3. backup original files onto hd
4. upload the new evox files onto hd and rename the files.
5. upload the backed up evox.ini file [so the xbox knows where to find the old files, eg. your games and proggy previous installed]
6. restart your xbox as if nothing happend and wala! i'm playing again
Woopy

Thread closed. thanks guys!