xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Why Don't I Get Xecuter 2 At The Bottom  (Read 91 times)

cthulhu7734

• Archived User
Why Don't I Get Xecuter 2 At The Bottom
« on: January 01, 2004, 09:20:00 PM »

did you put evox on your xbox and if so did you name it evox.xbe or evoxdash.xbe <cant think of what name it needed to be> and leave the ms dash as xboxdash.xbe?

vegeotto

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2004, 09:30:00 PM »

I'm trying to use slayer, but shouldn't i still get xecuter 2 under MS?

Entity2

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2004, 06:14:00 AM »

Yes, if successfully flashed, you should see EXECUTOR2 where it normally says MS. Sounds like your BIOS didn't get flashed properly. Try making just an EvoX boot CD-RW and booting from it. If you can do that and get to the EvoX dash, you can try re-flashing your BIOS from within EvoX itself.

Once the EvoX CD has booted, connect to your machine (either 192.168.100.10 or 192.168.0.10. Mine was 192.168.100.10 when all the tutorials say otherwise) and make a BIOS folder on your C drive and drop a 512Kbit BIOS in there.

This is sort of what happened to me a few nights ago. I was able to boot into EvoX, but my BIOS came up as EvoX 3.6. I reflashed it from within EvoX to the proper 512Kbit 4979.06 (My chip is also Executor 2.3, though it's b+) rebooted and it worked properly, with EXECUTOR2 at the bottom.

To reiterate, my original boot into EvoX still said MS under the XBox Flubber animation. It was really wierd, and something I've never seen documented here.

cthulhu7734

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2004, 07:17:00 AM »

Are you flashing the TSOP or the xecuter 2.3. if your just doin the Xecuter 2.3 it will not say executor at the bottem when its off. Its runnin on the TSOP and it has the ms bios on it. unless you did the points to flash your TSOP <Go to TSOP flashing Forum and read there for that> When the chip is on you get the hacked bios when it off you get the ms bios.

vegeotto

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2004, 07:37:00 AM »

I'm not flashing the tsop and I get ms bios when it is on and off, I'll try the evox but should the chip be on protect or unprotect

vegeotto

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2004, 08:49:00 AM »

Can it be the installation?  I get 2 blue leds and 1 green

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2004, 10:17:00 PM »

I think you all missed the obvious here..

Are you flashing with an xecutor bios?
Are you flashing with and evolution-x bios?

The evolution-x bios will not display the xecuter logo. It will display whatever .raw image that the .xbe is injected with. in your case the MS one.

vegeotto

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2004, 04:57:00 PM »

I woult try to borrow/buy a programmer but I don't know if that wil really fix it.  Everything should have gone right.  Anyone know what went wrong?

Aron Parsons

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2004, 07:30:00 AM »

Well if it's still booting the MS Dash when the chip is turned on, then your chip is not installed correctly.  It does not fall back to the TSOP if an invalid BIOS is found on your chip.  Maybe you jarred a wire (or pogo pin) loose when you moved your Xbox?  This could have very easily happened after you flashed your chip.