xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbl W/ Exploited Box And Upgraded Hdd?  (Read 139 times)

dadrivr

• Archived User
Xbl W/ Exploited Box And Upgraded Hdd?
« on: June 02, 2004, 09:26:00 AM »

I have an xbox exploited with gamesave hack and font exploit and an upgraded hard drive.  Will I be able to play on xbox live with this setup? If so, can I play games off my hd? If not, is it because of the hdd or the exploit?

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 10:00:00 AM »

As long as you don't use the exploit to start a backed up game accidentally, and log into XBLive, you are fine....

sooner or later it will happen though.

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 11:18:00 AM »

Well since the livedash uses the fonts too it would hang or error as soon as you try to reach it from within a game. so you wouldn't even be able to get online with a font exploit.

Blank

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2004, 11:46:00 AM »

If you use the gamesave hack to "turn off" the fonts and switch back to the old ones, you should be fine. However, you won't be able to play backups on XBL or run unsigned code until you switch back on the fonts...

Ned_Flanders

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2004, 11:56:00 AM »

Wrong Again.  :(  

This post has been edited by Ned_Flanders on Jun 2 2004, 07:15 PM

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2004, 12:14:00 PM »

QUOTE (Ned_Flanders @ Jun 2 2004, 07:53 PM)
And it is because of the exploit you are using not the larger hdd. M$ has not started banning users (to my knowledge) for having a larger hdd. If you want to go on Live! just bootup your box with an orginal game in it and you should be able to go on Live! fine.

again.. you cannot go live if you have working fonts installed. You would have to switch back first to the original fonts. Also m$ IS recently scanning hd serials so you would have to search for a patch if you have a larger hd and don't want to be banned.

Ned_Flanders

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2004, 12:16:00 PM »

I didn't know that about M$ scanning hdd's but what prevents him from turning his Xbox on with an original game in it and going on Live!.  :blink:   :unsure:

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2004, 12:20:00 PM »

wel cuz once you are in a game and start pressingg the go live button and select create or select acount it exits the game and boots you to the live dash which uses the original fonts and guess what... they are not there

Ned_Flanders

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2004, 12:24:00 PM »

Ok. Thanks for the info. Sorry for the trouble.  ;)

dadrivr

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2004, 02:45:00 PM »

QUOTE (Blank @ Jun 2 2004, 07:43 PM)
If you use the gamesave hack to "turn off" the fonts and switch back to the old ones, you should be fine.

If i alter the fonts to their originals, then will the xbox boot ok, or will it give me an error?

dadrivr

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2004, 10:05:00 AM »

QUOTE (Blank @ Jun 2 2004, 07:43 PM)
If you use the gamesave hack to "turn off" the fonts and switch back to the old ones, you should be fine.

bump... If i alter the fonts to their originals, then will the xbox boot ok, or will it give me an error?

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2004, 10:55:00 AM »

if you rename the fonts to their original name (xtf extension) and rename the hacked fonts so they NOT have the xtf extension and you didn't delete/change any other dashboard files the actual exploit/hack is not working and therefore your xbox will boot to an original state