xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Double Dash Exploit Problem  (Read 48 times)

liberty1

• Archived User
Double Dash Exploit Problem
« on: June 01, 2004, 05:16:00 PM »

Alright, I'm trying to put on the double dash exploit without without using ftp access. My memory card won't fit the font hack so I had to put it on cd. Now, to gain access to the box I used the  007 savegame hack Phoenix eash loader and installed the Audio hack. The audio hack worked great, no problems with that at all. I can bring up exov doing it that way, but i want to do it using the xbox live tab.  I've installed this on other xbox's using the hot swap method and had no problems.  What I'm running into now is that even after I transfer the files over, rename the xonlone.xbe, bring over a evoxdash.xbe all that good stuff it doesn't load the bios loader when I click on xbox live. It loads the normal xbox dash expect xbox live tab is gone and if you click on any of the tabs it doesn't load them.  All the files are there properly.. I even tried renaming bert and ernire even though I didn't have to before but nothing...  any one have any ideas? thanks.

Liberty

Ned_Flanders

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 06:09:00 PM »

Wow. It is kind of hard to understand you. I think you need help with the DD Exploit. You can checked the pinned thread for more help. But I would suggest that you try the Ultimate Dashboard Exploit which has no clock loop, no corrupted st.db, and boots your alternative dash directly on bootup. But if you want to use Live! you might want to use the DD Exploit or the Easter Egg Exploit. Good Luck.  :beer:

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 08:39:00 PM »

It looks like it still uses the regular fonts. did you rename the original fonts in C: to something else?

liberty1

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2004, 08:24:00 AM »

Ya, thats what too much coffee and weed will do to you, make you hard to understand :) I guess it had to do with the renaming..  I orignally just put a ! in front of the font names,  aka !xbox.xft and it worked fine on 3 other xbox's. On this one though it required you to actualy change the .xft.  Once I changed it to .bak it loaded fine. Thanks for the idea krayzie, I was having brain freeze.

Liberty