xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Really Need Help On The Gamesave Hack  (Read 75 times)

ajcomp70

• Archived User
I Really Need Help On The Gamesave Hack
« on: June 01, 2004, 05:05:00 PM »

Hey,

I just bought a halo edition xbox (I think it is 1.6) and i have AUF and an action replay. I put the save provided in the Gouki Modless Xbox Tut, and i copyed it onto the xbox hd. I go to load the saved game in auf, and it just loads the game, not evox. I must be doing something wrong since i am a noob to xbox and modding. Could some1 help me so that i can mod this xbox without opening this special xbox!

Thanx,

ajcomp70 :ph34r:

Ebay.God

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 05:31:00 PM »

well, if it is 1.6, u need a different bios version, that is all i know.

Ned_Flanders

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 06:06:00 PM »

I don't know muc about AUF but Phoenix Bios Loader won't work on your kernal. So the most you will ever be able to do softmodding is load the gamesave (once it is working) and then sign every xbe file you want to run with a certain signature (I don't know which signature). If I was you I would try to get an older box that is exploitable using PBL.  ;)

This post has been edited by Ned_Flanders on Jun 2 2004, 02:56 PM

Blank

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 07:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (Ned_Flanders @ Jun 1 2004, 08:03 PM)
I don't know muc about AUF but Phoenix Bios Loader won't work on your kernal. So the most you will ever be able to do softmodding is load the gamesave (once it is working) and then sign every xbe file you want to run with a certain signature (I don't know which signature). Or you could use the gamesave to run Evox and then a program like Raincoat to flash your TSOP. But if I was you I would try to get an older box that is exploitable using PBL.  ;)

Version 1.6 doesn't have a TSOP to flash.

ajcomp70

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2004, 06:16:00 AM »

Well, I understand that there are problems with the gamesave hack on the newer xboxes, but is it a dashboard, kernal, or bios problem? Also, is there any way to down grade it (Maybe Slayer 2.5?). I would really like to do this because i really don't have the money to get a chip, and don't have the skill to solder one. If somebody who is really familiar with this hack could help out, i would appreciate it. You can email me at andrewjATzoomtownDOTcom or post a reply

ajcomp70

Ned_Flanders

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2004, 07:58:00 AM »

QUOTE (ajcomp70 @ Jun 2 2004, 08:13 AM)
Well, I understand that there are problems with the gamesave hack on the newer xboxes, but is it a dashboard, kernal, or bios problem?

No, it is not a dashboard, kernal, or bios problem. The gamesave should work fine on your box (to my knowledge).

PS Thanks for the info Blank.  :D  :)

Blank

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2004, 08:00:00 AM »

For starters, your kernel is way too new. It won't support PBL, so everything you want to run will have to be signed. Second, it doesn't support a downgrade--I repeat: DO NOT TRY TO DOWNGRADE on a 1.6 or else you'll really error up your Xbox. The only kind of "exploiting" you can do on your Xbox is to boot the gamesave hack and FTP all the files you want to run onto the Xbox's hdd signed -habibi. If done correctly, you should be able to boot them from running the gamesave hack. No dashboard exploits can be installed at the moment--if ever.

ajcomp70

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2004, 09:23:00 AM »

For starters, your kernel is way too new. It won't support PBL, so everything you want to run will have to be signed.

Well, i don't know how to sign anything or make it work with my xbox. If you could point me to some tuts i would be grateful.

Also, the slayers disk did not work for me. I was wondering how i could get that to work in the near future. If none of these tuts work, then i may have to stick with an xecuter solderless chip to do my job. I just really don't want to void my warranty permanently.

:(

Ned_Flanders

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2004, 10:14:00 AM »

You would have to get xbedump and then put xbedump and the xbe (renamed to default.xbe) in the same folder. Then open a command promp and navigate to that folder by using cd.. and cd and then folder name. You will find your way to the right folder. Then say xbedump default.xbe -habibi. It should sign the file and and put it as out.xbe. Then upload out.xbe and rename it to default.xbe. But you will have to sign each game's/app's default.xbe that way and then run it from evox using the gamesave exploit. That is a lot of work. And not really worth it in my opinion. I would buy a modchip if you know that modchip is compatible with your box.  ;)

G2k1boy

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2004, 02:17:00 PM »

Modchips won't work with v1.6. Well they support them but there's no BIOS out right noiw that supports v1.6. Only thing you can do now is return the Xbox and find and old one or wait it out until they release a BIOS that works.

Ned_Flanders

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2004, 03:29:00 PM »

But I guess it isn't a 1.6 box so he could get a modchip or flash the TSOP.
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=222339

ajcomp70

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2004, 04:54:00 PM »

So, if my xbox is a 1.4 possibly, why isn't the gamesave hack working. It won't even load up evox! If there is something that is missing from the gouki modless tutorial, i need to know. I really would like to perfect this method by friday, so i know what to do on a friends 1.2/1.3 xbox. Also, if i had to go with a chip, could someone reccomend some solderless chips?

:stupid:

Ned_Flanders

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2004, 06:35:00 PM »

What kind of memory card are you using. Many people have had problems with non official M$ ones such as Mad Catz or Action Replay. Also the X-ecuter 2.3 lite/plus/pro chip with the solderless pogo pin adapter is a highly respected chip. And you just might need that because I think version 1.4 boxes have a 57xx kernal which won't allow your dash to be downgraded so therefore it can't be exploited. But the gamesave should still work on it. And your friend's box if it is a 1.2 I think it can be exploited because Blank has a 1.2 box with kernal 5101 and he is running exploits fine. But on a 1.3 box it might be kernal 5530 or higher and PBL won't run on it if it is. But the gamesave exploit should work on all boxes and kernals.

This post has been edited by Ned_Flanders on Jun 3 2004, 01:47 AM

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2004, 08:30:00 PM »

Gamesave exploits work on any xboxes even on 1.6 versions. i don't understand why u're using that old gouki tutorial though. everybody seems to be so fond of it but it's really old and risky. The best thing for you is to look for your kernel version so you can see straigtly what your options are. The gamesave thing not working can have various reasons for instance wrong mem card, ar or just a too new game.

Flame2k

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2004, 04:44:00 AM »

why dont u try a different gamesave exploit like the splinter cell one or the mechassualt one?