xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help Flashing X2.2pro  (Read 71 times)

pit_bully

• Archived User
Help Flashing X2.2pro
« on: September 25, 2003, 03:25:00 PM »

To anyone that can help me. I recently purchased a 2.2pro. I have installed it and I belive it IS installed correctly. When I purchased the mod-chip I was told that it came with Cromwell 1.8 Linux bios installed on it. I had read before that the X2.2pro came with no bios whatsoever installed on it. So I dont know what to believe. Well, When I tried to boot up nothing happened. So I then figured that there was no bios installed on it. With that in mind I downloaded the X-Bios manager and hooked that up. I hooked up the cables, powered on my xbox with the 4th dip switch (Write Protect) flipped up. This is what i read I was suposed to do. I then ran the X-Bios manager and checked the info button. It reads 01 D5 which I read it was supposed too. I loaded the x-ecuter 4973 bios in all four banks and hit write. It starts writing then right after it hits 100% I get a prompt stating It read somthing, but it had expected something else. After multiple time of this I started reading the forums over and over and found a post saying that to start with you need the standard RCA cable hook up that came with the XBOX. That the Cromwell 1.8 bios had something with it that most likely would NOT allow the HD or S-Video pack (I Have S-Video Pack) to operate with it. That it is a limitation in the Cromwell bios. So with that said I found this out after I tryed to flash my chip. So now I dont know if it is installed correctly still. The main thing I read in the article is that the DB25 Male/Female Serial/Parallel cable CANNOT be over 3Ft in length. Whats up with this? Is this why I am getting the expected this, but got that prompts? Has anyone successfully flashed their chip with a longer than 3Ft cable? Like say a 6Ft cable? I have looked all over town for a 3ft or shorter DB25 /male/female cabe and cant find one anywhere. If this is a big part of my problem can someone please point me in the right direction of where to get one. Thanks in advance for any help someone can give me.

boltaction.net

pit_bully

• Archived User
Help Flashing X2.2pro
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2003, 03:41:00 PM »

To anyone that can help me. I recently purchased a 2.2pro. I have installed it and I belive it IS installed correctly. When I purchased the mod-chip I was told that it came with Cromwell 1.8 Linux bios installed on it. I had read before that the X2.2pro came with no bios whatsoever installed on it. So I dont know what to believe. Well, When I tried to boot up nothing happened. So I then figured that there was no bios installed on it. With that in mind I downloaded the X-Bios manager and hooked that up. I hooked up the cables, powered on my xbox with the 4th dip switch (Write Protect) flipped up. This is what i read I was suposed to do. I then ran the X-Bios manager and checked the info button. It reads 01 D5 which I read it was supposed too. I loaded the x-ecuter 4973 bios in all four banks and hit write. It starts writing then right after it hits 100% I get a prompt stating It read somthing, but it had expected something else. After multiple time of this I started reading the forums over and over and found a post saying that to start with you need the standard RCA cable hook up that came with the XBOX. That the Cromwell 1.8 bios had something with it that most likely would NOT allow the HD or S-Video pack (I Have S-Video Pack) to operate with it. That it is a limitation in the Cromwell bios. So with that said I found this out after I tryed to flash my chip. So now I dont know if it is installed correctly still. The main thing I read in the article is that the DB25 Male/Female Serial/Parallel cable CANNOT be over 3Ft in length. Whats up with this? Is this why I am getting the expected this, but got that prompts? Has anyone successfully flashed their chip with a longer than 3Ft cable? Like say a 6Ft cable? I have looked all over town for a 3ft or shorter DB25 /male/female cabe and cant find one anywhere. If this is a big part of my problem can someone please point me in the right direction of where to get one. Thanks in advance for any help someone can give me.

boltaction.net

GodCoolin

• Archived User
Help Flashing X2.2pro
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2003, 10:30:00 PM »

im having the exact same problem

pit_bully

• Archived User
Help Flashing X2.2pro
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2003, 01:02:00 AM »

Well I guess I have answered the 3ft cable question as I hooked my laptop directly to the mod-chips external programmer and I got the exact same results. I get initial read of 00  D5  which I understand to be a good thing but as soon as I flash the chip I get a verify error. I keep reading the forums and peeps are saying they get errors also but their shit is still working. I cant get mine to boot up with the mod chip enabed. Disabled and it boots up perfect. Can someone please tell me if I am correct. If I understand this correctly as long as I get the read of  00 D5  then my mod-chip is installed correctly or is it possible to get that code and it actually be hooked up incorrectly?

pit_bully

• Archived User
Help Flashing X2.2pro
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2003, 01:13:00 AM »

I read in a forum that if you get a get the code 00 & D5 when you hit the info button in X2BM v1.1  that your mod-chip IS installed correctly. Is it possible to get this code and the mod-chip be installed wrong? I cant get this mod-chip to flash whatsoever. I have now hooked my laptop directly to the programmer port so I know it IS NOT a cable issue. Please help

murdza420

• Archived User
Help Flashing X2.2pro
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2003, 03:24:00 AM »

did u turn off flash protection?

McGeyser

• Archived User
Help Flashing X2.2pro
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2003, 03:47:00 AM »

If the verify fails the Bios still may work, I am recent proof(1 hour ago).

Try loading different Bios's in the banks, as all four of the same Bios's have been said to cause problems.

Example:

Bank 1 and 2 - 4978.03 512K Original
Bank 3 and 4 - 4978.03 Modified with Xbtool for lba 48 or different logo colors

Switch Settings from left to right:

Bank 1 and 2 - 4978.03 512K Original
4- OFF 3-OFF 2-ON 1-OFF Should boot green original logo

Bank 3 and 4 - 4978.03 modified with Xbtool
4-ON 3-OFF 2-OFF 1-OFF  Should boot whatever colors and options you selected.

heinrich

• Archived User
Help Flashing X2.2pro
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2003, 04:51:00 AM »

(Merged the 3 topics on this issue)
Found another, but I dont mod in that forum
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?act...&t=107388&st=0&

This post has been edited by heinrich: Sep 26 2003, 11:53 AM

pit_bully

• Archived User
Help Flashing X2.2pro
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2003, 10:33:00 AM »

Sorry about the posting to different areas of the board I didnt realize this was frowned upon. I will certainly stop that. I wasnt sure where to post it. :)  Yes I did turn off flash protection. I flashed all night and it wouldnt boot up. I wake up this morning go back and just try to boot up about ten different times and wahlah all of a sudden it decides to boot up to cromwell. This shit seems very whacky. Go figure.

punda

• Archived User
Help Flashing X2.2pro
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2003, 01:30:00 PM »

Seems like your solder points are weak.  Make sure they're secured.  I have the 2.2pro too and when it verifies after the flash, it always errors.  Although it errors during validation, the chip may be properly flash and therefore ready for action.  

McGeyser

• Archived User
Help Flashing X2.2pro
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2003, 02:21:00 PM »

I flashed all night and it wouldnt boot up. I wake up this morning go back and just try to boot up about ten different times and wahlah all of a sudden it decides to boot up to cromwell.

That is strange considering if you flashed the Bios all these times, Cromwell should have been erased entirely and your 4973 in it's place.

kidrich22

• Archived User
Help Flashing X2.2pro
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2003, 04:17:00 PM »

don't worry about the verification  mine says failed after every flash but always works out fine
once you have a good bios flashed just use EVOX to flash from now on