xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can I Softmod A Moded X Box With Xecuter 2  (Read 49 times)

bone908

• Archived User
Can I Softmod A Moded X Box With Xecuter 2
« on: March 28, 2004, 08:57:00 AM »

can i softmod a moded x box with xecuter 2   <

Renthal

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2004, 09:04:00 AM »

Of course you can.  <

bone908

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2004, 09:15:00 AM »

how this is the problem i'm having my x box is moded with xecuter 2 and i'm following this tutorioal on sofmoding the xbox i'm i got all the tools required. but i'm stuck in the first part. where you connect the IDE cables from your computer to the x box. the tutorial reads: turn on the x box count to five so you can let the hardrive boot and then disconnect the cable and connect your driver cabe from the pc but it is not recognising the hardrive. Now i belive tha my xbox is the first ones to come out (the old version) i made sure that when i turn on my x box to start this procedere i set it's time and date.

do you have any ideas on what it might be?  <

Corspegrinder99

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2004, 09:26:00 AM »

Xbox-Scene Online Web Community -> Modchip Forums -> Team OzXodus Chips (Xenium)

not Xecuter and not a softmod section either  <

Renthal

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2004, 10:36:00 AM »

OK, there's no need to follow that tutorial since you already have a modchip to use.

You simply need to boot the Xbox, using your modchip, into the dashboard of your choice (the dashboard needs to have FTP access). Next, you connect to your Xbox through FTP (Most people use FlashFXP) and change/add the necessarry files for the softmod exploit (either audio or font). Last, make sure the HDD is still locked, disable the modchip (or remove it all together) and reboot. Test your softmod, if unsuccessful, figure out what you did wrong and fix it.

You should make a backup of your HDD C & E partitions before you softmod.   <