xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dominion X = Evoxd6 + X2 Media Patch + Lba48  (Read 110 times)

Xeero

• Archived User
Dominion X = Evoxd6 + X2 Media Patch + Lba48
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2003, 03:13:00 AM »

QUOTE (jokk @ Sep 3 2003, 06:46 AM)
The great news for them was that Team Xecuter validated the need for modchips GREATER than 1MB, and I think that's been said before. USB interface is also nice.... given the problems with other modchips LPT interfaces.

Apparently you only know Executor in this scene benjeremy, you'll be pleased to know some ppl played with bioses greater than 1MB months before Uber and yourself were  bashing at DMS for their 2MB flash.... it seems those ppl take care of X2 users more than Executor themselves.

STOP Bullshits BenJeremy !! you deserve the scene...

I'm not sure if you're talking about a 256K BIOS mirrored to 1MB...because nobody had given any public indication of a BIOS larger than than 512K...and we STILL haven't heard anything out of anyone else.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2003, 03:22:00 AM »

QUOTE (jokk @ Sep 3 2003, 06:46 AM)
The great news for them was that Team Xecuter validated the need for modchips GREATER than 1MB, and I think that's been said before. USB interface is also nice.... given the problems with other modchips LPT interfaces.

Apparently you only know Executor in this scene benjeremy, you'll be pleased to know some ppl played with bioses greater than 1MB months before Uber and yourself were  bashing at DMS for their 2MB flash.... it seems those ppl take care of X2 users more than Executor themselves.

STOP Bullshits BenJeremy !! you deserve the scene...

Really? There's a BIOS out there larger than 1MB already?

Where?

Of course I questioned the need for a 2MB chip.... at the time, it was anticipated we'd see a 512k BIOS, but not likely a 1MB BIOS. As I said, Team Xecuter released the FIRST PUBLIC 1MB BIOS, proving me wrong.

As for larger BIOSes.... again, I ask WHERE? You proclaim this as fact, now prove it. I'd just like to see the proof-of-concept to see such a thing work in the first place. We all know the Xbox is designed to copy down 1MB worth of BIOS from the TSOP or LPC, so a release of a 2MB BIOS as demonstratable of the capabilities of the LPC in handling such a large BIOS would be great.

I still haven't seen a single X-Bit sold yet. When will they be out? By Christmas? It's an interesting product to be sure.... but why are there already fanboys floating around taking major offense at a simple criticism?

Gilrim

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2003, 03:40:00 AM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Sep 3 2003, 12:22 PM)
I still haven't seen a single X-Bit sold yet. When will they be out? By Christmas? It's an interesting product to be sure.... but why are there already fanboys floating around taking major offense at a simple criticism?

I don't have a clue when they'll be out, but the reason for fanboys getting offended is prolly that  DMS Technologies is a respected modchip maker. They've made sevreal modchips for the psx and ps2 and shown that they know what their doing - leave them alone ffs!

And yes, it's true that X-S scares ppl off. The first thing that happends if/when someone suggests that something impossible *is* possible, they'll get flamed. And don't give me any of that "they've got to show some POC before they can claim something like this". What does happend when someone shows a POC that isn't done yet? (...nexgen, first n64 emu etc). You may thank yourselves for the lack of programmers in here.

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2003, 03:54:00 AM »

QUOTE (jokk @ Sep 3 2003, 07:44 AM)
Anyway now after you made DominionX leave the scene I doubt talented coders will share their innovations...

If we can spare the scene another drama (sans innovation) like the one that we unfortunately had to sit through with DominionX, you can rest assured I won't shed a single tear.

However, if someone has something REAL to contribute (note: "real" does not include stolen an uncredited code), then by all means we'll welcome them with open arms.

And thanks for the comment, Jokk.  You can imagine the high regard I hold you in after all these asinine comments, so that cut me deep...  rolleyes.gif

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2003, 05:23:00 AM »

Any money I make from the scene is made by charging for installs, which has nothing to do with any coders and frankly doesn't involve you...*sigh*...exactly what point are you trying to make?, because this is getting tiresome...

Anyway, I'm glad we could have a genuine discussion thread until you decided you weren't getting enough attention and wanted to entrench yourself in the bog to which this thread had descended.

Since nobody has anything else to contribute and because the thread no consists of me trading comments for witless slurs from joke, this thread may as well be closed.
Pages: 1 [2]