xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Software Exploit With Mod Chipped Box?  (Read 74 times)

willy

• Archived User
Software Exploit With Mod Chipped Box?
« on: March 21, 2004, 03:26:00 AM »

I have a v1.0 Xbox with a matrix mod chip and 120Gb hard drive. I am rapidly running out of drive space. I have also pre-ordered a new crystal xbox

What i hope to do is buy a bigger hard drive, install this in my modded xbox, install evox X and have the facility to use >137Gb, probably using Slayers installer.
then install a software exploit then move the HD to the unmodded crystal Xbox.

My Bios is pretty old, so i figured i would need to reflash the matrix with a bios that can handle >137Gb

I've searced the forums and tutorials and whilst some are similar to this, none seem to directly address it.

So first, Is this likely to work?

Whats the best software exploit to use, i have no intention to use live?

Can i just install this exploit by ftping into the box, i don't want to buy a action replay/memory card.

Cheers

Willy  <

RiceCake

• Archived User
Software Exploit With Mod Chipped Box?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2004, 07:09:00 AM »

An audio exploit running the Phoenix BIOS Loader in my mind is your best choice. You could try font exploits but the clock looping is a real pain in the ass.

Hey, if you have the Matrix and if it well...works in the crystal you could always flash the TSOP safely too.

But anyhow yes you can FTP in any exploit, and it should work OK, there's just a few minor problems.

1) The HD would need to be relocked with the correct key, or the key changed on the crystal's EEPROM.
2) You'd need to replace the \C\ drive with a good copy of the MS dashboard.

And finally because I don't know much about the crystals, the Phoenix BIOS Loader might not work and you'd have to sign/patch all your games.

Edit: Concerning your other XBox yeah, you'd need an LBA48 patched BIOS and Slayer's is probably the way to go to install your stuff.

This post has been edited by RiceCake: Mar 21 2004, 03:10 PM <