xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 4978 Has Compatabilty Probs With Some Pads!  (Read 47 times)

b01

• Archived User
4978 Has Compatabilty Probs With Some Pads!
« on: August 23, 2003, 09:06:00 AM »

I have a HipGear xbox controller, which does not use a quick disconnect, when I try to boot into the FTP server on the 4978 BIOS on my chameleon chip, it will not go the the FTP screen, it just boots normally.

WHen I do the same thing with the xbox s-controller that came with the xbox, it boots into the ftp server fine.

Y is that?

One more thing, after I get into the X2 4978 FTP server and I connect to my xbox, it will NOT let me ftp into the xbox.

Note:  this is an XBOX version 1.3.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
4978 Has Compatabilty Probs With Some Pads!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2003, 09:09:00 AM »

QUOTE (b01 @ Aug 23 2003, 01:06 PM)
I have a HipGear xbox controller, which does not use a quick disconnect, when I try to boot into the FTP server on the 4978 BIOS on my chameleon chip, it will not go the the FTP screen, it just boots normally.

WHen I do the same thing with the xbox s-controller that came with the xbox, it boots into the ftp server fine.

Y is that?

One more thing, after I get into the X2 4978 FTP server and I connect to my xbox, it will NOT let me ftp into the xbox.

Note:  this is an XBOX version 1.3.

Maybe it's a crappy gamepad?  huh.gif

I've had experience with crappy gamepads, and they are often built cheaply and poorly tested... timing is important, and while the Xbox may accept quite a bit of slop, sometimes customized routines or different XDK input libraries can cause those timings to be more critical.