xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ok, I Advanced To Somewhere But Not Quite There  (Read 75 times)

vboyz103

• Archived User
Ok, I Advanced To Somewhere But Not Quite There
« on: March 18, 2004, 05:06:00 AM »

Thanks to Blank for the tips on how to go about making things working.  I went and got the M$ Memory unit and used the AR 1.05 version to transfer the 007 saved game to my memory card.  Copy to XBOX, and here comes the glorious EVOX.  I followed different instruction sets on Font (ernie and Some'n sorry I don't know of hand right now) exploit, but I can't get it to work because those sets of instruction only include with the fonts directory or without fonts directory in C drive.  My situation is different, I got both Xbox.xtf and XBox Book.xtf in both C drive and the fonts folder, I also notice that the filesize is different.  I litterally tried everything I can think of such as having ernie and fred? .xtf in the fonts folder, and renamed the files in fonts to .xft, edited the xdashbox.xbe etc.  But when I reboot, I got an error 13.  OK, I then go back and copied the ernie.xtf to both fonts and C drive, and renamed the Xbox.xtf and XBox Boook.xtf on C drive also and reboot still no go.  But this time I got an error 21.  It seems like it boots the evox system but somewhere something is wrong along the line, and I can't figure it out.  I suspect that something is wrong with the evox.ini or something was wrong during hex edit the xboxdash.xbe.  The thing I notice when signing the modified xbe is that it gave me a "fail" on the "Header Size:" when executing the sign.bat and after it created the out.xbe, the output on the DOS command said some'n and the "FALSE!!!! FALSE!!!".  Is it supposed to be like that or not?  If so, what have I done wrong?

I guess what I need is a link to tutorial that has detailed instruction on having both fonts in the C and fonts folder.  Any1 is willing to help this *advanced* n00b out?

TIA, and this board rox...:D  <

Jesper64

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 06:39:00 AM »

When you have fonts in both you will need to change the one's in the "fonts" folder.

Don't worry about trying to edit the xboxdash.xbe yet. Do that later once you have evox  running.

Have you got a default.xbe in your C:. The font files will try and run that. Usually it is a copy of either evox or PBL. it will need to be signed with the "-font". It should all be in the package you downloaded...  <

vboyz103

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 09:31:00 AM »

Thanks for the reply, and I sure will try it out later when I got home from work today.  Will post results later.  <

Grospolina

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 09:45:00 AM »

Error 13 means "failed to load dashboard".  If you edited and replaced C:\xboxdash.xbe, then that's a big no-no.  The edited dash should be either renamed or stored somewhere else.  You need to have the original C:\xboxdash.xbe for any dashboard exploit (fonts or audio) to work.

Other than that, listen to Jesper64, and check the checklists (see sig).  <

vboyz103

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 10:00:00 AM »

Thanks for the checklist.

I don't have dashboard 4920 or lower, my dashboard is 5969 or som'n like that.  Does it matter for this 007 hack?

Thanks.  <