xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Evolution X And An Xecuter2 Bios  (Read 136 times)

Sir Auros

• Archived User
Evolution X And An Xecuter2 Bios
« on: July 31, 2003, 07:25:00 AM »

I put in an Xecuter2 bios (don't know which one since the guy who sent it to me is now on vacation) and I want to install Evolution X on my Xbox. I also want to be able to use Xbox Live in the future by turning off my Xecuter 2.1 and booting using the original dash. However, it looks like most of the options for installing Evox require the original dash to be overwritten and renamed. Wouldn't this make it so that when the modchip is switched off, the Xbox wouldn't be able to find the original dash and wouldn't be able to update it using Live?

Those are just some questions I have to make sure that my idea of how this works is clear.

My REAL question is - Are the Xecuter2 bioses set up so that they allow booting of an evox dash instead of solely the xbox dash? I would think that since the Xecuter series has an on/off switch for the modchip, the bioses for the series would be as compatible with Live as the modchips.

winnieandbuzz

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2003, 07:51:00 AM »

Just put the evoxdash.xbe file and evox.ini file in your C: drive

With your Xecuter on it will search for evoxdash.xbe first, if it's there it will boot evox, otherwise it will boot the MS Dash.

lookformeb

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2003, 07:58:00 AM »

you might wanna dd that skins directory also