xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Many Times Will It Tell Me...  (Read 104 times)

lookformeb

• Archived User
How Many Times Will It Tell Me...
« on: July 24, 2003, 12:34:00 PM »

seriously, i've burned my memorex 650mb cd-rw that its making me sick.  i have an x2.2 lite with cromwell 1.8 already on it.  i'm putting the xecuter 4977 bios on it i got from xbins and making it into a 1mb file.  i also have tried a 50mb and a 200mb dummy file named abc.dat.  cromwell says insert cd... i insert... it READS THE CD (i know this b/c i tells me it's named "new"... and then tell me "no bios update found... Halting!"  WTF is going wrong here?  Plz dont tell me to read the tutorials or some shit like that, I have... many times.  What am i missing here?  thanks guys!

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2003, 12:37:00 PM »

Gee, you mean to say the SAME CD-RW still isn't being read?

:::sigh:::

Ever thought abotu changing brands?

Not all CD-RW discs are made the same, and not all can be read by Thomson or Philips drives.

lookformeb

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2003, 12:38:00 PM »

if it tells me what the cd is named, then wouldnt that be considered being read?

<EDIT> plus, everyone says this disk always boots... even with a  thompson drive. i used to burn music on this bitch all the time to play cds on my box...</EDIT>

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2003, 12:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (lookformeb @ Jul 24 2003, 04:38 PM)
if it tells me what the cd is named, then wouldnt that be considered being read?

<EDIT> plus, everyone says this disk always boots... even with a  thompson drive. i used to burn music on this bitch all the time to play cds on my box...</EDIT>

I have a Thomson in my dev box (Samsung in the other) and NEVER got Memorex CD-RWs working.

Many have had this problem.... One modchip seller used my advice and switched to ProMedia CD-RWs with great success for their customers.

At any rate, if the disc IS being read, I assume you have the correct file name?

lookformeb

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2003, 12:52:00 PM »

bingo baby, that was it.  i slipped and forgot to rename it.  thank for the great help!  btw, memorex cd-rw 650 and 4x works great with my thompson.  guess im a lucky one!

lookformeb

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2003, 08:58:00 AM »

bios.bin is correct.  will it tell you the name of the burned cd, for example "new" and then say no bios found?  if it doesnt then try adding a dummy file.  maybe that will help.

lookformeb

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2003, 09:03:00 PM »

QUOTE (CrashnBurn @ Jul 25 2003, 06:40 PM)
You need to install to the Cromwell 1.26a Bios then you can install whatever final bios or dashboard you like.

Trust me..ive done quite a few already

CnB

actually, its solved.  the issue was it not being named bios.bin like i mentioned before.  thx tho...