xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mad Gouki's Guide  (Read 69 times)

jameszzz

• Archived User
Mad Gouki's Guide
« on: March 14, 2004, 01:47:00 PM »

I have been trying to softmod with 007 gamesave hack. using Mad Gouki's guide. I'm stuck on using ftp as the IP address at the top is 0.0.0.0 after I get EVOX up. I have tried using static IP and changing the IP add etc, but when I save and exit and then go back it's still IP 0.0.0.0 ?  I have used ftp before on a different box before with no probs. The xbox is 5101 - 4920 and I'm using Flash FXP. I've been through the tutorials and searched all the posts but I can't find what I need. As I can't ftp into the xbox and alter/add the files from my PC whenever I reboot I go back to normal xbox dash. When I then try to reload 007 gamesave it tries to launch EVOX but crashes. Can anyone help me with this ?  Thanks, sorry for being a dumb newbie.

Jim  <

4NIC8TOR

• Archived User
Mad Gouki's Guide
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2004, 02:24:00 PM »

It's probably firewall settings on your pc not giving out an ip.  That's the only time mine ever gets 0.0.0.0...try disabling your firewall for a sec or you could just give that ip proper permissions.  <

Blank

• Archived User
Mad Gouki's Guide
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2004, 02:46:00 PM »

Are you connecting with a crossover cable or through a router using a straight through cable? Do you have firewall software running?  <

jameszzz

• Archived User
Mad Gouki's Guide
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2004, 02:58:00 PM »

I was connecting ( or trying to ! ) with a crossover cable direct to the PC. The firewall is down as well and I have recently used the cable to ftp to a different xbox so I know that's ok. Thanks for the suggestions. If anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful. I don't know how to change the IP permissions other than through the EVOX settings, and that didn't work. Thanks again..  <

jameszzz

• Archived User
Mad Gouki's Guide
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2004, 03:37:00 PM »

Oh well I'm off to bed, maybe I'll figure it out tomorrow. From what I can see though a few people have had this problem, even Mad Gouki mentions the            IP 0.0.0.0 in his Tutorial, but doesn't seem to go into detail on how to resolve it. Is that because if it happens it can't be resolved ? Thanks for the suggestions, i'll check tomorrow.

Jim  <

toolwerx

• Archived User
Mad Gouki's Guide
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2004, 03:41:00 PM »

The only thing i can think of is to make sure your pc is configured to provide the static ip. If all else fails, get yourself a cheap router and a patch cable and it should be easier. Thats the way i do it.  

toolwerx
 <

jameszzz

• Archived User
Mad Gouki's Guide
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2004, 07:18:00 AM »

Finally done it . I used the Morden modified audio exploit and it works fine. I think this is the easiest way of softmodding. I can ftp into the xbox now ( I think it just needed to reboot-but I couldn't do that on the Mad Gouki guide-as it just lost the whole thing then). Anyway now I'm stuck on how to ftp the apps/games into the xbox. I have set them up in e:/apps and e:/games but the xbox cant find them with the mxm or evox dashes? What now? oh well thanks for all your help and ideas. If anyone can advise me on how to use the mxm to install XBMP I will be gratefull. At least I can ftp now. Thanks.

Jim

This post has been edited by jameszzz: Mar 17 2004, 03:18 PM <