xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Phoenix Bios Loader + Evox Help  (Read 96 times)

Ottacon

• Archived User
Phoenix Bios Loader + Evox Help
« on: March 12, 2004, 06:14:00 PM »

Ok, guys.  I'm a semi-noob.  I used one of the tutorials on the site for the pheonix bios loader to the evox dashboard...so I didn't have to flash my TSOP or mod my xbox in any way other than software route.  Im trying to update to a different bios than that which was distributed with the phoenix 1.3 release... Any suggestions on how I go about this?... I tried following the same tutorial just switching out the bios files.... But it didn't work... Any help would be appreciated.  <

Blank

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 09:54:00 PM »

Get a hold of your new BFM bios you want to use... rename it to xboxrom.bin and dump it in your PBL "Bioses" folder. It should work...  <

Ottacon

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2004, 01:11:00 PM »

The newest PBL doesn't work for me for some odd reason... The 1.4 pbl version... I dont know whats going wrong but its not working now... Im even trying to use evox dash to load PBL 1.4 but all it does is go to a blank screen....

I have tried doing that with the newest 4981 bios but still nothing... I don't know what im doing wrong if anything. I have tried everything under the sun to get this to work. I mean all i want to do is update the bios that phoenix is using.  <

Ottacon

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2004, 01:54:00 PM »

UPDATE:

THE PBL 1.4.1 doesnt work no matter how i try to config it.

but I got 1.3.5i to load to the starting usb screen and it pauses there... I dont know why. I have an xboxrom.bin in the bioses folder and a few other bios.  Also I had to sign it with the habibi key to get it to load with the MAEVOX HACK.  I xbtooled the bios to load the evox from the MA gamesave and now it just freezes there... Any ideas, Anyone?  <

mattyd389

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2004, 06:53:00 AM »

...has anyone been successful in updating the bios that the PBL loads?  I also tried the X2_4981 bios resulting in a Black Screen...do the RC3 Keys need to modified for an alternate bios to work?

The only reason I am changing is so that I can get widescreen funcitonality to hopefully work!

XB 1.0
120GB Hard Drive
PBL 1.3
Bios 4977  <

Tsjibbe

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2004, 07:39:00 AM »

QUOTE (mattyd389 @ Mar 16 2004, 02:42 PM)
...has anyone been successful in updating the bios that the PBL loads?  I also tried the X2_4981 bios resulting in a Black Screen...do the RC3 Keys need to modified for an alternate bios to work?

The only reason I am changing is so that I can get widescreen funcitonality to hopefully work!

XB 1.0
120GB Hard Drive
PBL 1.3
Bios 4977

Which version pbl are you using? Try 1.3.5

Are you sure you got a 4981 BFM (!) bios?  <

mattyd389

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2004, 02:14:00 PM »

I did have to try a different version to make the 4981 function, however I am still unable to play any game in native widescreen mode?  Anybody having the same experience?  I have performed the PBL 1.3 for about 10 people and 4 of us with widescreens are SOL!  In the MS Dashboard the video mode is set to Widescreen but I get the feeling that the /C/xboxdashdata.10027100/ folder's settings are never updated (settings_video.xip) following the softmod?

Thanks anyone for ideas...MattyD  <